Grandparent bragging

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat do any of your grandsons ride your horse? I remember at that age wanting a pony more then anything in the world
My mare was the most gentle horse of my 2 and they rode her. My gelding is quite tall and strong and they go on him but, are not as secure on him. I have wanted to get a very small horse, they call them husband horse, dead broke...you get the idea. The boys don't seem all that interested or I would get another..

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My daughter asked. "Why didn't we have a zip line?" I don't think they were around 20 years ago.

They were. We built one for our boys. It was home made, dh bought the cable, and made the trolley part himself. They had to hang on to a handle when they zipped, ours didn't have a seat.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
No picture and no name yet, but I will be having a granddaughter! They did the gender reveal tonight. I have said she was having a girl from the very start. The daddy of the baby and his brother, me and my best friend said girl, everybody else has said boy even her friends said boy. She really looked shocked when she realized she was having a girl. The baby will be the first born daughter of a first born daughter (DD), of a first born daughter (me), of a first born daughter (my mother) of a first born daughter of a first born daughter and may go back another generation. I have to do some research on Ancestry.com.

Wow, that's quite a line of first born daughters!
Congratulations on the baby girl, I'm looking forward to hearing all about her when she makes her appearance. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
No picture and no name yet, but I will be having a granddaughter! They did the gender reveal tonight. I have said she was having a girl from the very start. The daddy of the baby and his brother, me and my best friend said girl, everybody else has said boy even her friends said boy. She really looked shocked when she realized she was having a girl. The baby will be the first born daughter of a first born daughter (DD), of a first born daughter (me), of a first born daughter (my mother) of a first born daughter of a first born daughter and may go back another generation. I have to do some research on Ancestry.com.
Wow! That is amazing! With that lineage, I would have said girl too. ;)

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, a few weeks ago when we went up to our cabin, we noticed that one had a zip line. Now my husband wants to do one for the grandkids. He's aready found the 2 trees on our property that he says will work. Can't wait to try it. There' s one up in the wine country that I've been meaning to try. But I wonder if it would be too much for my little heart. :p

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
They were. We built one for our boys. It was home made, dh bought the cable, and made the trolley part himself. They had to hang on to a handle when they zipped, ours didn't have a seat.
Our sEAT is An Add ON . It has a break at the end too so they don't crash into the tree. Just a big spring. I tried the handle and was worried it would hurt my back but I felt OK. My chiropractor asked what did I do that was unusual for all of my ribs to need adjusting?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, a few weeks ago when we went up to our cabin, we noticed that one had a zip line. Now my husband wants to do one for the grandkids. He's aready found the 2 trees on our property that he says will work. Can't wait to try it. There' s one up in the wine country that I've been meaning to try. But I wonder if it would be too much for my little heart. :p

Mary
I want to do one too. I think I would need them to push me off while I screamed.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

Mary
Don't get a cheap one. They start at 80 dollars. Ours has a weight limit of 400lbs. The way boys constantly push the limits you want a good one. My husband added a few turnbuckles, had to buy chains to go around the trees. Probably ended over $300.. Will last until the trees go down in a storm or forever.

Latest posts