Grandparent bragging

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, that is beyond awesome for your grandson. He must be an exceptional young man!

Bay, I have several cousins and their kids living in the USA. Also, from the grapevine a cousin in Lithuania, the rest in Siberia that I have no idea if they are even alive now or not as its been almost 20 years ago since we last heard about their existence. As for writing a book ... it may not be written as memories of family and friends being tortured and executed for being land and business owners ( my father owned a large farm and was a
Veterinarian, My mother owned a farm as well as a general store , so prime for extreme servitude in Siberia or execution candidates ) and others being forced to work in factories as virtual slaves for life. I have seen with my own eyes when we were on the run in Poland where communist army lined up farm owners and their famlies shot them all and throw their bodies into farm wells and cesspool poty houses while I was hiding under a fire wood stack. Enough for now !

And that is exactly why you should write it all down, for your family. They need to know where they come from and what it took for you to get to where you are now. You are an extraordinary man, I am sure that they know that. Your children and grand children are living testaments to what kind of man you are. Family history can be ugly, intertwined with an ugly world history. Your have a gift of the written word, I can only imagine what a hoot you are in person. You should use your gift and write your history. Yours is a story of triumph over evil. Yours is a story of great loss and pain, yet you overcame and led a successful life. Write your story, your family will treasure it for generations.

I will shut up now and I will not mention it to you again, my friend.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I have several cousins and their kids living in the USA. Also, from the grapevine a cousin in Lithuania, the rest in Siberia that I have no idea if they are even alive now or not as its been almost 20 years ago since we last heard about their existence. As for writing a book ... it may not be written as memories of family and friends being tortured and executed for being land and business owners ( my father owned a large farm and was a
Veterinarian, My mother owned a farm as well as a general store , so prime for extreme servitude in Siberia or execution candidates ) and others being forced to work in factories as virtual slaves for life. I have seen with my own eyes when we were on the run in Poland where communist army lined up farm owners and their famlies shot them all and throw their bodies into farm wells and cesspool poty houses while I was hiding under a fire wood stack. Enough for now !
My grandparents all left Poland prior to WW I. My son visited Aushwitz last year and found 35 pages of people with my family name listed in the book of the dead. We were all Catholic but there were whispers of the name being Jewish. Another cousin of mine also visited and every family name associated with he and his family were in that book. Yet still in this world we have entire cultures being murdered over politics that I cannot begin to understand. Humans are the true animals.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our grandson attended the police orientation last night and will start his training on Jan. 7. He brought home an extensive list of approved monogrammed clothing, boots, jackets , name plate , dress uniform, etc. he will have to purchase a handgun and holster from a list of approved makes and models in .357, .44, or .45 calibers. He also has to buy 2,000 rounds of ammunition , and 1,000 rounds of shotgun shells for use on the gun range ... at a cost of about $3,000 all on his own nickel by Dec. 15 . Total cost will be over $6,000. :ep

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh wow! For the job he doesn't even have yet, he has to spend $$$$$. By job he doesn't have yet, I meant a paycheck! But it will all work out and if he is anything like his Grandfather, he will be the finest officer on the force.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Its different in Calif. Even if you don't make it thru school, you still have to buy the stuff and there is no guarantee of a job. In Oregon, you have a job waiting for you and they pay for everything. But if you don't pass school, all the bets are off.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits , she sure is a little cutie. I see a resemblance in the ears mouth and nose big time , I also think the eyes and forehead area if they both had the same expression on their face. Babies in our family all share likenesses also, they easy to spot. Hope you are enjoying your little bundle of joy, Happy thanksgiving.

Thank you! She is so much fun. The mouth is for sure coming from DH and his mother, and both my kids have that. The eyes coming from my side of the family and sort of my nose. The light hair is so different. DH had had dark and so does DD and her husband, but I had light hair when a baby and they said I was a strawberry blonde.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't have gardening news, but another picture. lol
Evelyn November 24xxxxxxx.jpg

Latest posts