Grandparent bragging

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got a new one today! Alayna Hope, 8 lbs and 19 1/2 in. long. Healthy and strong, full head of hair and smiling in her sleep already. Very bright eyed and responsive. A beautiful little human bean. :D Granny's in love again!

This is just a few hours after being born, had just got washed up, swaddled and passed along to Mama. Then Granny....

28538050_10103080200505713_208367641_n.jpg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
This grandparent situation is a really great thing. As the saying goes, if we would have known how fun our grandchildren were gonna be we would of had them first.

It's amazing how much love springs up in your heart when you hold them and they aren't even yours! I never knew it would be like that, but it's nigh overwhelming, that feeling of joy, love, and wonderment.

I couldn't stop looking at her, sniffing her, smiling at her...didn't want to let her go. Was the same with the other two and still am...love every minute with them and my heart melts into a big ol' puddle when I hear a little voice say, "I love you, Ganny."

Just a big huge puddle of mush, I tell ya! :love

@Collector , you are about to embark on a most amazing journey as a grandpa. Knowing what I know now, it astounds me that so many don't want to even take that journey. Lots of grandparents who don't want to have much to do with grandchildren.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's odd to me that now that I am old enough + to qualify for being a grandma I just love the sight of babies.
I was never one of those women who loved babies and wanted to coo over them.
I loved my own of course but even when they were babies and I was all aflutter over them, other babies didn't catch my eye or interest me.

I look at babies now and think every one of them is wonderful and would love to hold them. It's weird.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having a grandchild turns even the most grizzled old farts into doting Pawpaws and Grammies.
Congratulations, Bee, on your newest. She's precious!
And, thistle, I know what you mean about being hyper-conscious of babies. Even my DH will bring my attention to a cute baby when we're out and about.