Hello from MO

Debs Flock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ha...true the stakes aren't nearly as high in gardening as in raising ducks for the first time. :p

Well, all of St. Louis is improper, imho, which is why I live so far away. I'm about 40 miles southwest of the city limits, but only about 15 miles before I hit St. Louis County.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Greetings Don and you Debbie~Pay no attention to~ majorcatfish~even though Raised Beds are the way to go, please pretend he didn't suggest that. And possible use of French Drains in the case he brings that up.

Bottom land is very good if worked properly. And we can watch and learn as you do it. The very best of this season to you and your friend. It will be fun and interesting reading your posts and threads.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Oh and Don, We have the same thing here on the high desert, however being on the desert where the wind dries/ convects the surface moisture off to the east, we handle it differently but are thankful for the moisture contained in the clayish soil beneath the surface~But where light airy soil is wanted we have to add and subtract so as to remove stones and lighten the soil by addition, of animal fertilizer.

The natural slope of the land works out so: that we don't have to use french drains as the caliche a few feet below the surface contains the water and it seeps toward the lake a couple three miles to the east

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dont listen to these jealous members @Debs Flock here in the Goldilocks zone we grow 365..
we are not scared of a little snow...
DSC_0051.JPG

it just make the veggies sweeter
DSC_0019.JPG

um @valley ranch hows your tumbleweed crop doing.. next time you get out give a big hi to the cartwrights.
okay no more hijacking this thread........

deb be glad to give any and all helpful advice..... this year all my gardens are fallow to improve the soil....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yes common pine...but have done extensive reading will be switching over to pressure treated... will post later have a person coming out to look at my driveway...

Latest posts