Hello from the NW!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
A new garden is much like having a new child... challenging at times, yet immensely rewarding. I hope this year turns out to be a great one. Welcome to TEG!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, and Welcome from SE Missouri. Did you grow vegetables or flowers (or both) in last year's garden? Can you be more specific in your location? You can put it under your avatar, like zone 5b or whatever. There are several people here that live in the NW. Digit'S, Thistlebloom and Collector, to name a few. They will probably be able to help you with area specific questions.

Hi, and Welcome from SE Missouri. Did you grow vegetables or flowers (or both) in last year's garden? Can you be more specific in your location? You can put it under your avatar, like zone 5b or whatever. There are several people here that live in the NW. Digit'S, Thistlebloom and Collector, to name a few. They will probably be able to help you with area specific questions.
Zone 5a to be specific. 😊

I grew vegetables. I probably should have started smaller. I had leafy greens (kale, spinach, lettuce), green beans, red and purple onions, garlic, potatoes, bell peppers, jalapeños, banana peppers, a variety of carrots, broccoli, golden bush beans, purple pole beans, a variety of tomatoes, a variety of corn, a variety or pumpkins, cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, watermelons, cantaloupe, and sage, basil, dill, oregano, thyme, parsley, cilantro, plus a green house full of tomatoes, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and basil! I also grew medicinal flowers such as Chamomile, lavender and Calendula! I’m hoping to have a mixture of half veggies and half herbs!
Hoping I’ll be able to have a large garden again someday soon, but in my own backyard!

Attachments

• 8D47FD9A-18CC-4FC5-ABBE-CB02EEBFAEC8.jpeg
    8D47FD9A-18CC-4FC5-ABBE-CB02EEBFAEC8.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 239

WildBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Starting big is great! You garden doesn't look small too me; about the size of mine, maybe bigger. You'll find help and encouragement here. Have a great day!

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hello! I’m new to gardening, I had my first successful garden last year! It was so much fun. I’m looking forward to learning more techniques and the best ways of gardening!
Welcome to the forums!! As you are. I'm new in gardening the 1st time I joined this forum. and I learned a lot since then, you can ask questions and share your knowledge... please enjoy the forums..

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
THAT'S your first year garden???? WOW!! Can I have a shipment of your dirt?? LOL LOL Our soil is what is known locally as sugar sand. Pure sand. We moved here 5 years ago and I've been amending the sand ever since. But I haven't had a garden like yours yet! Hmmmm…… maybe a coffee can of your garden soil, gathered by the light of a full moon at midnight, stirred with a chicken feather, set it on a stump (a brick will do) and dance around it chanting,
Good dirt go to Baymules garden! Over and over, for uuhhhh……. maybe 15 minutes! Yeah, that ought to do it! :lol:

Latest posts