Herb crazy...whats in your herb garden?

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here is the start of my herb garden last year. We built 6 boxes with 4 sections each. We also had pots between some of the boxes. I didn't get any pics later in the year.

6557_backyard10.jpg

I grew:
chives
garlic chives
sage
lavender
lemon thyme
spearmint
peppermint
chocolate mint
sweet basil
licorice mint
lemon balm
dill
cinnamon basil
oregano
greek oregano
genovese basil
lavender bergamot
lemon bergamot
sweet marjoram
parsley
variegated sage
stevia

Not everything survives the winter and some are annuals. I am trying to make the boxes all perrennial and then plant annuals in pots. We'll see how my plans go.

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am so glad to see that I am not the only one that is herb crazy! I got Anise hysop too!
I am going with my youngest son (4 yrs) with his preschool class on a fieldtrip tomorrow to a pettingzoo and greenhouse...moms get to go shopping!!!!!!!!

I have added some herbs to my wish list also, thanks to all you great posters!!!!!

Christie :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
JoJo- those gardens look fabulous!!! Do post additional pics when those beds are overflowing in green! Happy Herb Gardening Everybody!

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
jojo54 -- AWESOME PICS!! Are you some kind of Master Gardener? You REALLY have a knack for it--thanks for sharing, although my sloppy ways look even sloppier, now... :(
thanks for the compliments. No, I have just loved gardening since I was young. To me the best kind of summer is working in the yard (though I never think of it as work!), sitting out in the yard with a book and a cold drink, watching my yard bloom through the seasins and eat all the great tasting fruit and vegetables! My idea of heaven on earth! :rainbow-sun :throw :watering :tools

usschicago1

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
All Im Growing is:
Spearmint around my chicken coop
And Lemon Basil in Pots indoors
Not much of a list but i love love love basil :D

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Spearmint, Peppermint, Chocolate Mint, Oregano, Sage, Chives and Beebalm-all of these come back every year. I need to replant Basil and Borage, and Dill, but I've got the seeds for them. I'm gonna try Catnip again, too.

emmak

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Let's see . . .
rosemary
basil
oregano
cilantro
flat leaf parsley
curly parsley
dill
garlic
chives
thyme

I try to grow the herbs I use most often.:)

Latest posts