Home Repairs

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i hope so too. when you pay rent it's assumed the place should be in livable condition. does your regulatory council or area not have laws and such about things like this?

i did get a note back from the roofer than i'm on his list now. we'll see what that actually means...
It's all tangled, even the mp can't intervene.

It's the same all over the uk. RIP off Britain at it's finest

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A leaky roof causes damage to the property. You’d think that your landlord would want to protect his investment. I’m so sorry that you have to deal with this. I guess moving to another place is out of the question.
They want money and too claim from grants that's about it. So if they are not getting a grant the roof can fall on our heads. Then they can get a new building grant. Then I lose my home and my animal's

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If they don't go ahead what will hurt me most is the lies that was written a promise stating this property with four homes would be first, It's mocking people disrupting lives like this

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If they don't go ahead what will hurt me most is the lies that was written a promise stating this property with four homes would be first, It's mocking people disrupting lives like this
Apparently this work will be going ahead, not in the time stated but at least they are saying it will be happening. I just don't want another winner here with damp in the walls and under the floors. It will be fab not to have to turn on my dehumidifier every single day :D

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Apparently this work will be going ahead, not in the time stated but at least they are saying it will be happening. I just don't want another winner here with damp in the walls and under the floors. It will be fab not to have to turn on my dehumidifier every single day :D

i hope so too! it's no fun to be cold and damp in the winter. :hugs

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have a very old roof and chimney the tiles have curled cracked and even slipped, they put the slipped tiles back into place but acknowledged in writing that it was a temporary fix and this roof would be replaced this month. BUT the lady who purchased the upstairs adjoining property last October has been charged for guttering replaced last August (it was dangeroues, metal and fell from the top of the wall and roof) . Due to the timing that should not be her bill to pay. She was expecting too be told when she had to pay towards this replacement roof which she was informed of before purchasing a d agreed

In answer too your question, Yes, I have too keep my useless old wardrobe away from the paneled wall and any drips or moisture that comes through the paneled wall also goes under my bedroom floor. When it rains heavily I can smell damp concrete and can't lay anything directly on my floor or it causes fungal mold. So a descent wardrobe is out of the question and my bed is on legs too prevent this

They have renewed the roofing of properties in this road that have been built 20 too thirty years after these homes and I have no idea why they are neglecting the repairs here.

Maybe they are not, I'm hoping it's just delayed 🤞
I hope they get this fixed soon. The moisture and mold on your walls makes me very concerned about what might be growing side the walls or attic or crawl space if you have one. Unfortunately the mold doesn’t just go away once the water leaks are fixed. I had friends that have developed life long health issues after being in homes with mold issues. Is it possible for you to request an inspection be done for mold in those other areas?

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hope they get this fixed soon. The moisture and mold on your walls makes me very concerned about what might be growing side the walls or attic or crawl space if you have one. Unfortunately the mold doesn’t just go away once the water leaks are fixed. I had friends that have developed life long health issues after being in homes with mold issues. Is it possible for you to request an inspection be done for mold in those other areas?
Inspections are constantly done with this company but it is as rare as hens teeth if the actually find a problem and even rarer that anything will be done.

There was the most aggressive call made too me two year's ago on a with-held number after I reported leaks and guttering problems. The guttering was a heavy metal and coming away from the top of the wall. I was told everything I said was untrue and this guy ranted on for at least 20 minutes.

I got second call this year about my bath, he claimed too be the assessment manager? Oddly enough he had exactly the same tone in his voice and accent as the previous guy, again it was not true that previous inspectors had told me this bath would have too be replaced

This is what the bath has been patched up with at least it's covered the lead and other metals
20220519_113956.jpg

The old metal guttering eventually collapsed and was extremely dangerous, it killed the nest of birds nesting in the roof that was allegedly not damaged so they replaced that guttering and put a few tiles back into place on the roof.

This company has a dreadful reputation on all levels, so I have absolute no chance because they just turn everything into a war by making the tenant a trouble maker.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Artichoke Lover 🌷

Thanks for your considerate advice.
I braved myself too go ahead by asking them if an inspection will be made due to the black mould I've had in the past both in my panel walls and under my floors ;). I hope they will because that's really important. Cutting corners so too speak only causes future major problems

Latest posts