Home Repairs

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It seems like a very long time since I have been here. There's been a huge amount of work going on with the roof replacement and other things within my home.

I finally managed too get another small wardrobe which I was afraid to get because of the leakage in my panel walls from the roof. The new roof is lovely it comes out by inches to stop the rain hitting the wall because the rental company didn't want to add a drain pipe and drain due to costs but no complaints from me :)

They are not responding to checking for the request I made on the potential mold that may be lingering in the panel wall. I haven't seen mold but I'm getting this black dust regularly on my window sills from the walls and I'm desperately trying to find a lab I can send samples too the problem is all I can find is companies that want to charge the earth and even come to your home or separate kits to test for famaldhyde asbestos which again are all expensive.

Bedroom
20220613_133205.jpg

This is the bedroom window I cleaned up the living room but again it's appearing

20220625_165002.jpg

This is just after clearing a few days ago.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hello Artichoke :)

Good to see you ☺

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It seems like a very long time since I have been here. There's been a huge amount of work going on with the roof replacement and other things within my home.

I finally managed too get another small wardrobe which I was afraid to get because of the leakage in my panel walls from the roof. The new roof is lovely it comes out by inches to stop the rain hitting the wall because the rental company didn't want to add a drain pipe and drain due to costs but no complaints from me :)

They are not responding to checking for the request I made on the potential mold that may be lingering in the panel wall. I haven't seen mold but I'm getting this black dust regularly on my window sills from the walls and I'm desperately trying to find a lab I can send samples too the problem is all I can find is companies that want to charge the earth and even come to your home or separate kits to test for famaldhyde asbestos which again are all expensive.

Bedroom
View attachment 49851
This is the bedroom window I cleaned up the living room but again it's appearing

View attachment 49852

This is just after clearing a few days ago.

i wonder if that is bug chewing debris as it looks too large grained for being mold spores. just my guess, not knowing where that is coming from.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i wonder if that is bug chewing debris as it looks too large grained for being mold spores. just my guess, not knowing where that is coming from.
You may well have a point there because there was a lot of ants and flies getting through in the cracks of the walls which they took a few years in filling in. They used to enter my living room from my skirting boards.

Thanks for your input :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The more these problems keep occuring the more correct your guess is

There's now problems at the side of my sink, the pipes look as if they have had their day 30 years ago and the wood holding the sink up has rotted.

The roof removal caused all drainage to block that has been dealt with but the flies were overwhelming and the sink area is alive with them now. I reached as far as I can with soapy water peppermint oil and peroxide. I'm at my wits end. I cleared under the the lining to the wall yesterday which was crawling.

This place is a full time job :(

You should have seen this an hour ago
20220706_100153.jpg

20220706_100132.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
At first I thought it was only under the floor but now I'm seeing problems I can pay to deal with

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've found another fly deterrent I hope this works. Cinnamon leaf oil. It' stinks but anything the get rid if these pests

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i hope so too. when you pay rent it's assumed the place should be in livable condition. does your regulatory council or area not have laws and such about things like this?

i did get a note back from the roofer than i'm on his list now. we'll see what that actually means...
Did you get that roof fixed? The roof is fundamental too keeping your home free from damp.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Marie2020 i hope that helps!
They are still hanging around I'm totally exhausted trying to get rid of them all. A majority have gone but a lot has now housed theirselves into the the light strip cover. I managed to wipe outside but can't manage taking it of, it's way too dangerous for me and there's a big crack in it.

The kitchen was last checked in 2009 they have not changed anything not even the flooring covering the concrete. Somehow they never fixed this property so I'm battling with everything that needs doing.

I'm going to see how much the lights strip covers cost as I don't want to seem like a nuisance Tennant

My poor chickens think I've abandoned them because I have had no peace at all today to be able to spend any real time with them 😢 i usually feed them treats of fruits but these stinking flies pounce on everything so theres no homemade bread either until this is resolved.

These are those tiny drain flies

20220706_153025.jpg

Latest posts