Horses? Should I?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sold my horses in Lindale. I knew there was no room for them where I am now and I had no idea how long I would be here. Closing on the new farm on Thursday. I'll have 25 acres, lots of grass and plenty of room. I saw these two horses on a kill pen site, they are about 3 hours north of me. I know buying a kill pen horse is buying a pig in a poke, but I've done dumb things before and in all likelyhood, I'll do some more dumb things in my lifetime. @Carol Dee LOL LOL LOL

What do y'all think?

Amos is a 6 yr old Tennessee Walking Horse Pony Gelding who stands 14 hands tall. Very sweet and gentle. Calm quiet and super easy to handle. Stands good for everything. Loves attention and to be loved on. Very soft eyes and loving personality. Broke to ride and has a very smooth gait. And this little dude can get it down the trail. Has been used for trail riding and has been ridden on several trail rides. Fancy little mover and lots of fun to be around. Love this little fella !!!!

View attachment 48566

View attachment 48567

Tandy is a 13 yr old Pintaloosa Gelding who stands 15.1 hands tall. Extremely sweet and gentle. Calm quiet and super easy to handle. Stands perfect for everything. Very easy to get along with. Very well broke to ride and has been ridden on trails his whole life. More whoa than go but moves out when asked. He is sound in every way and really smooth . Loves to be with you and follows you everywhere. Very loving personality. Very soft eyes !!! Love this guy !!!

View attachment 48568

View attachment 48569
Of course you should get them. Why waste all of that land? Didn't you train a frightened horse before? Yes, yes, yes.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The black horse is sold. I have politely asked questions about the white horse and gotten no answers, not even a response. A hard question like, Does he neck rein? It may not be important to the seller, but it is important to me. I also requested a video, which she does post videos of the horses being ridden, and no response. I’m getting disgusted. I’m a buyer, can pay cash, but she refuses to respond to a few questions. Many people have shown interest in this horse, asking the same questions I am, no response. For someone trying to “save” horses from slaughter, she sure isn’t trying very hard. It’s 3 1/2 hours away. I’m sure not going to drag a trailer up there if I don’t even know if the horse will neck rein. I’ll try to get some questions answered again, but if I get no response, she can keep it. It really makes me mad.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The black horse is sold. I have politely asked questions about the white horse and gotten no answers, not even a response. A hard question like, Does he neck rein? It may not be important to the seller, but it is important to me. I also requested a video, which she does post videos of the horses being ridden, and no response. I’m getting disgusted. I’m a buyer, can pay cash, but she refuses to respond to a few questions. Many people have shown interest in this horse, asking the same questions I am, no response. For someone trying to “save” horses from slaughter, she sure isn’t trying very hard. It’s 3 1/2 hours away. I’m sure not going to drag a trailer up there if I don’t even know if the horse will neck rein. I’ll try to get some questions answered again, but if I get no response, she can keep it. It really makes me mad.

perhaps something came up? i dunno. hard to tell from a distance.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
perhaps something came up? i dunno. hard to tell from a distance.
I have been asking for a week. Others have asked for more information longer than I have. Something came up?
I don’t get it. Why post a glowing paragraph and answer with dead silence to inquiries.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have been asking for a week. Others have asked for more information longer than I have. Something came up?
I don’t get it. Why post a glowing paragraph and answer with dead silence to inquiries.
I was 'stood up' once by a pet store owner that raised Italian Greyhounds. She was going to meet me at her store to talk to me about the breed and let me play with a couple of her puppies. She didn't show up and I was really miffed. Turned out that she had rushed to their other store in response to her daughter having been murdered.

Ever since then, my first thought is always the possibility that maybe something came up.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a scam. Probably avoided a heart break.

Latest posts