How ya doin'

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for update. As you know, she is a special person. Will b praying for u both.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Jim ( @aftermidnight )

This is absolutely the right place to put this note, I don't know how you made that decision except for the caring thread title :).

I think of Annette often. Tell her that we care and hope that she can get back to her garden someday soon. I just bet that the plants miss her, too.

Steve's digitS and all

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi ya-all,
My name is Jim, I've been Annette's other half for the past 64 years and she's asked me to post an update of what's happening.
First like most others everywhere we've been hunkered down because of this "covid19" thingy. Vancouver island got on top of it pretty quick so we only ever had 1 case, and have been clear for some days now.
Annette can't handle the computer right now, she had radiation for brain tumors and it has messed with her eyesight and motor skills.
She can't check her emails so if anyone would care to get a message to her maybe try me and I'll see she gets it.
"jbarley at shaw.ca"
Annette spent most of last year in a hospital bed, first with a broken ankle then soon followed by a broken knee. She still spends her days in bed totally frustrated.
Annette misses all her friends on the forum and sends everyone a big hug.
Regards.
Jim Barley.
So glad to hear from you Jim. It had been a long time since Annette last posted, and knowing some of the battles she has faced in recent years, I was concerned for her health. She has been a good friend for many years on these forums, and is deeply missed. 64 years, what a wonderful journey together! My heartfelt best wishes to you both.:hugs

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you Jim, for letting us know how Annette is doing. I have missed her greatly, and was very worried when her posts stopped. She's my favorite gardener, and reminds me so much of my mom. I had a question for her on a plant I saw on Doc Martin and of course she had an answer for me. She's a remarkable woman, please giver her my best. I will be praying for you both.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
To Mr. @aftermidnight ; Do you check out this site for her? If so, I’m sure we would love to have a thread where you can post updates and we can post thoughts.

Some might want to quit reading this post now.
Tell her to get better or I’ll come kick her butt....I wish I could have played in one of your card games as I’m sure you both would have had me laughing all night long.

Latest posts