How you keeping yourself busy?

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Finally a semi productive day! Swept, vacuumed and dusted Cleaned 2 bath rooms washed the bedding and wrestled it back onto the king size bed. Cut quilt squares and backs for church quilt group. Even pulled some with debris from a flower bed. Cold outside.
You're Hired!!! Can you start tomorrow???

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Transplanted kale, collards, cabbage, started cherry tomatoes and Swiss chard, took some plants out to the greenhouse and watered things out there. Took out the old bedding from the rabbits and gave some new straw. My job is hit and miss so waiting to see if I have work and if not, going to start back on cleaning out a cabinet.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Potted some weeping willow cuttings.
Have mulberry trees to watch.
Lots of lambs to keep me entertained.
Blending cat food for the molar-less cat.
Taking pictures of things, like the pear's flowers.
Waiting on new koi to arrive as well.
20200329_232551.jpg
20200330_192043.jpg
20200329_170413.jpg
20200330_193928.jpg
20200330_194010.jpg
20200330_192605.jpg
20200330_194635.jpg
20200330_193551.jpg
20200330_153316.jpg
20200327_223242.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Potted some weeping willow cuttings.
Have mulberry trees to watch.
Lots of lambs to keep me entertained.
Blending cat food for the molar-less cat.
Taking pictures of things, like the pear's flowers.
Waiting on new koi to arrive as well.
View attachment 34881View attachment 34882View attachment 34883View attachment 34884View attachment 34885View attachment 34886View attachment 34887View attachment 34888View attachment 34889View attachment 34890
Wow! What a difference 2 zones away makes! No fruit blossoms, yet, but I am hoping that the frosts are over and Maybe, JUST Maybe, I will get peaches this year. Beautiful tree but disappointment.
I twisted my left ankle and bruised my right heel slipping down my DD's wooden stairs, I think, on a calendar. Getting better, but running through my advil and aspirin supply, which I alternate. Keeping up with the stalls, target practice at the gun club yesterday, throwing away clutter, washing/putting away to keep up with clean clothes. Lots to do.
2 weeks ago DD's and I went shopping, eldest DD shopped 2 more times. She texted that NOBODY was buying turkey, so she bought 3. I made a 20 lb turkey Saturday, leftovers Sunday, I cooked up turkey hash and made a pot pie yesterday, froze the rest and will make aNOTHER pot pie today. There will still be enough for a 3rd turkey pot pie that will stay frozen. That's 5 meals out of 1 bird. We finished off the last of my 2019 frozen okra, made glazed carrots, mashed potatoes, VERY wet bird gave me a LOT of gravy. Here is my turkey hash recipe:
Turkey Hash for a Pot Pie (at the farmette)
Clean bird of bones and store in fridge
Cut up white & dark meat into bite sized pieces
***EDIT: Be sure to discard ANY piece of turkey that has gristle or you wouldn't want to pop into your mouth--
DD said that this was the best hash I have ever made bc of this

Cut onions into small pieces (I used 3 yesterday)
Cut celery into small pieces
Scrape carrots and use shredder to make into small pieces (carrots will not soften up otherwise)
Corn is optional
Add leftover gravy, and water it down with several cups of milk
Season with salt and grind pepper with a grinder
Cook in a large pot constantly stirring to prevent it from burning on the bottom, about 20 minutes
Set aside, while you make Either 2 crusts, or, as I did yesterday, only a top crust
Fill a pie plate with hash, cover with a top crust, bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes just until the crust begins to get golden.
Serve, but be careful bc it is VERY HOT!
Horses are mowing the inner sanctum in front of the barn. They have been working on it for the last 2 hours. It isn't very high, but they are Craving green right now.
The four of us ate the whole pie.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve been working in the garden. It rained yesterday and last night, so garden is too wet to work in. So I am baking pound cakes. Have lots of eggs, my recipe takes 12 eggs. I jazzed it up with spices, lemon and sour cream. I combined about 4 cake recipes and my imagination. The batter was darn good, I’ll let y’all know if the cake is any good. LOL Going to keep half of a cake, give half and a full loaf pan away. Then I’ll make up another batch and spread them around the neighborhood. The House sure smells good!

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Granddaughter & I made cookies this afternoon. Peanut butter from a package, and oatmeal from scratch. I couldn't find my recipe I usually make, so found one off the internet. Best oatmeal cookies ever! Crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle. Yum!

Latest posts