Hummers 2019

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We always have them here at the house but this year we seem to have 3x as many as usual. Evening is dangerous on the patio! I usually have three feeders out, but this year I have five feeders hung. They really are amazing little creatures. We have Rufus, calliopea, and black chinned.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
ThistleBloom, I have that amazing red bee balm planted by the patio. They loooooooove it!!

My bee balm is just starting to form blooms, but nothing has opened yet.
I think that is their favorite in my yard. I'll have to watch for a Black Chinned. The Rufous aren't at my place very long. In the early season, then later when they all start migrating. Probably a good thing because there are a lot of disputes between the Rufous and the plucky Calliope!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, same here! Those pesky Rufus boys are the reason for 5 feeders this year. We had three males stake claim on the feeders and it was crazy on the patio. I put out a couple more feeders and that kept them too busy zooming around and the others were able to enjoy. I do looove them though - even if they’re rotten!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
9893D162-F35A-493F-B800-69FF14C5C57C.jpeg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have 4 up (used to be 5 but the carpenter ants wouldn't leave the picket garden one alone). Two on each side of the house, so there's usually an opening at one if somebody is trying to be a hog.