I got spring fever

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's a BO...they are always needy. :D They've always been the birds the roosters never had to chase when I had them in flocks of mine...they'd keep walking up to the rooster, while he was busy eating, and squatting. I felt ashamed for them, they were such hussies.

Last edited:

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Something ain't right with that hen. Everyday the same routine... She sees me open the gate to their yard. She runs into the coop jumps up onto the high roost and waits. When I open the door to the coop she jumps off the roost onto the top of my head and perches there. I gather up eggs that they lay in corners of the floor and in their nest boxes. I leave the coop and step out into their yard and she jumps off my head and everything is cool until tomorrow. I've grown used to her strange behavior and ether wear a baseball cap or the hood of my jacket, if it's cold.

This is the same hen that my granddauther was holding in my previous post. She is waiting for my granddaughter to pick her up.
View attachment 30194

And here she is again, being held by my other granddaughter.
View attachment 30195

Something just ain't right with that chicken, she loves to be held - which is very odd.
That is obviously a LOVEBIRD!:love

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's a BO...they are always needy. :D They've always been the birds the roosters never had to chase when I had them in flocks of mine...they'd keep walking up to the rooster, while he was busy eating, and squatting. I felt ashamed for them, they were such hussies.

My chickens are hussies :ep.

IMG_20190109_145009464.jpg

I wonder what my turkeys are?
IMG_20180627_201540.jpg

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I believe in starting them young around here also. I feel it important for them to know where food really comes from (not the grocery store :) ). I'm not much of a flower guy but I sowed this row last year for her. That little girl has her paw paw wrapped around her little finger. She really liked the flowers and would pick a few almost every day to take home and put in a vase.
View attachment 30154

View attachment 30155

But these are my favorite picture of her.
View attachment 30156 View attachment 30157
Her doppelganger lives next door to me.

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had to avert my eyes! My wife will no doubt suss out that I have seen something we have not shared! Ladies have that superpower!

Last spring, my wife looked out the kitchen window and hollered at me to come and look. She said is that turkey tom killing that poor hen? No Hun, it's just turkey sex. She turned to me with a red face and I said welcome to farm life, he's making us some babies :rolleyes:

Latest posts