I hate grass!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, everything's mulched on that one side! Ants took over in mass colonies between the bags of mulch, not fun being nipped by tiny ants...

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
z.jpg

zzz.jpg

zz.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everything looks so nice, clean, and neat. Mulch always makes everything look so finished. I just LOVE that picture of the stump and figure. It would look lovely in my yard! Ha What is it made of and where did you find it? I've been looking for something for our garden that is of a child.

Mary

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
No idea what it's made of, but heavy as all heck. Got it and the horse guy from MIL house.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alright, picture from today. I've added tons of new plants, pretty much 1-2 of each. Have some bulbs to add.
Also added about 4-5ft to the right side of the yard! No plants there just yet.
Moved some Daffodils from their hiding spot behind the dead tree to the right side. Might transplant some of the wild lily and random iris as well, to the right side.
Weeping cherry tree bloomed!

ggg.jpg
mul.jpg
glr.jpg
daf.jpg

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
These are 1 of each, got them from the local nursery.
Will have to get pics of the other new ones from a different store tomorrow.
lungwort.jpg
lambsear.jpg

woodruff.jpg
carpetstone.jpg
lamium.jpg
onion.jpg
bugle.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have a few plants that will try to invade the rest of your planting area if given a chance. The Ajuga and the Lamium can get carried away. The Dragon's blood sedum isn't that prone to spreading -- although it does a good job of growing to cover more space -- but mine was over taken by grasses. Not a good mix.

You have my favorite Lungwort there. I believe it is called Raspberry Splash. Mine grows well in the shade and slowly has spread. It is easy to contain and the blooms are so lovely in their mix of baby colors -- pink to blue -- early every spring.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been using my little rake to pull up all the grass, weeds and weird plants that are constantly trying to grow on the mulch. Easy peasy to rake, shake mulch off, feed to rabbits. Much easier than nonstop mowing!

If they do get outta hand, I'll go nuclear on their bums and put something better in their place.