In a pile of dirt

Noah Will

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So...my day was like this
God made His point. He likes rain. Alot. Road got awash. Water came creeping up the embankment just on the other side of the fence. Piled up what sand bags I got. Chicken's barn house sprung a big leak. Wet bedding every where. Mucked that mess out and replaced all the bedding. Rain barrel filled up...TWICE and the over flow ran right into the enclosure threatening to turn my hens into fish. Rangled them up and brought them in and blow dried them with wife's blow dryer. It's a BIG rain barrel, too. After the 2nd time. searched in my scrap pile my wife never fusses over, bless her, and found a down spout attachment and fastened it to the spigot so the water could be diverted away. Then the water started coming up the yard and pathway to the house...Can't complain. So I won't. Couldave been worse. Could be in Texas and had the dealings of a flash flood that would take out the road or wash away my truck or some such craziness. Ah sweet memories of Old El Paso!
How was yalls day? Hum?:)

Attachments

• flooding.jpg
    flooding.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 251
  • our new river road.jpg
    our new river road.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 257
  • water coming up to the house.jpg
    water coming up to the house.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 268
  • rain barrel modified.jpg
    rain barrel modified.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 267
  • our new river road.jpg
    our new river road.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 296
    rain barrel modified.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 267
  • our new river road.jpg
    our new river road.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 265
    rain barrel modified.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 251
  • water coming up to the house.jpg
    water coming up to the house.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 256

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've been getting an ungodly amount of rain too. Usually by this time in August, our lawn is crispy dry. No mowing needed. This year DH is still mowing weekly. No watering needed for anything but containers.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's making lots of breeding places for those Zika mosquitoes.:hide
What Florida needs right now is a little drought.

Noah Will

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh don't mention zika! It's been on the news all over the place. I get bit like crazy so I use heavy duty deet and sometimes use the tiki torches with citronella as well. Which reminds me, thank you for bring it up cause I totaly forgot to do this last week - I got to call county today and see when they're rolling the trucks by here to spray again. I read in the news this morning it was OKed but it wasnt posted when they plan it. Plus I need to ask if they're giving out any of the mosquito bits and dunks for standing water. We got a kiddie pool for the chickens and all the visiting birds and squirrels. If they're giving, Im getting. Otherwise, hi ho hi ho off to home depot I go ( ruther not part with my few pictures of dead presidents in my wallet though )

Noah Will

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Boy, you are a smart one!I'll hit the petsmart for feeders while wife takes daughter for her back to school hair cut! Hey you reckon talapia could do? I been wanting to toss some in the kiddie pool but wife says the neighborhood cats would get them.