In a pile of dirt

Noah Will

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks baymule! He's my big black baby dog. Mix of boxer, rotty and catahoula. Thinks he's still a pup I used to carry around...no idea he tips the scale at 90 pounds. Originally I had got him with the idea of taking him hunting with me. Not coons, I honestly don't have a use to take them and if you mind your peas, they're not REALLY a problem around here...now hogs...I got a use for them! Can you say "mmm this little piggy went TO MA BELLY!" Then he went and messed his knee up. Had to have ligament surgery to replace what he snapped. Now all he hunts is snacks hid around the house and yard. Same with Dot. She's red bone and blue heeler at 60 pounds. Got her to keep him company with thoughts for a hunting companion, then heard about a friend went hunting for hog and his dog got mauled by a boar with 2 inch tusks. NEWP. Not my baby girl! So now I got to very spoiled hounds that are free loaders. Fine by me. So now I just have dogs and on occasion take silly pictures of them and send them to my friends.
By the way, JOURNEY11 - read your blog, love your colorful flock!
So no body got an idea what all this pinkish/purpley blossoms on them shrubs are? Dang...the mystery continues!

Attachments

• cletus says.JPG
    cletus says.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 100_1910.JPG
    100_1910.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 286

Noah Will

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
journey - catahoula go by other names you may have heard of, leopard dog, Louisiana Catahoula, Louisiana leopard dog, catahoula cur...so on like that. Dash's mama was a full breed catahoula cur. His daddy was a mix of boxer and rotty. In the full on sun you can see his back look not so black but back with a brown shine to it...and spotty. You can see by his nose..haha..the boxer and his heads gots that square look to it kind like rotty. He's all mixed up! We call him our snub nose rotty hound! P.S. You have a looker of a horse!
baymule - you know, I never trapped them before. Just go out in quick made blind where I know they go and wait for them to come long. I try to eyeball they don't get bigger then 70, maybe 80 pounds cause still got to get them BACK trough the bush and to the truck. Don't got a brush sled, just my harness and heave ho hi ho I go to fill my family freezer
And now to so lucky - just went out and took these here pictures to show up closer the little flower and the leaves on this thing. Don't have a smell. just pretty.

Attachments

• mystery shrub 2.jpg
    mystery shrub 2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 277
  • mystery shrub.jpg
    mystery shrub.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 266

Noah Will

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hey Smart Red. It was fully blooming couple weeks ago after a storm. Seems it blooms after rains, come to think of it. Right now gots between all 3 of them I'd say 10 maybe 15 flowers. Yey and the fuzz is on the flower petals...dunno. Oh and when it does get full bloom it's a mess of flowers. Here give a look see on these 2 pictures, tried to get someone around here to figure it for me last year with these pictures!

Attachments

• gots little spots on it too.JPG
    gots little spots on it too.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 260
  • what the hill and dale is it.JPG
    what the hill and dale is it.JPG
    259.3 KB · Views: 279

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment thistle! You can call me Will, Noah's the nickname my wife calls me when she talks to her friends cause accordin to her I got a way with animals. I had to look up meyer lemon, never heard of it till just then when I read your post. Forgot to mention we got peanut plants all over. I didn't plant them, the visiting squirrels we got plant some of the peanuts we give them. I like the way they look so I let them grow where ever they pop up and every body here loves peanuts, chickens included.
Hey to ninnymary - what kind of chickens you got? Plus, what kind of trees? I visited San Francisco a few times in my younger days. Loved the way even in summer you had best not forget a sweater or something cause it could still get chilly. Me and heat, not friends. I know, funny huh? Living in Florida. I'm a transplant! Were it up to me, I'd have us all packed up and living in Montana or Colorado or someplace. Heck even parts of Texas gots heat thats just heat minus this humidity I'm cursed with here. I know I'm all over the map here but I just got hit with a thought on Napa, see you'r in SF...that's California. So I thought on Napa. What's that got to do with your trees? Nothing, but I was wondering if you grow grapes is all.
My flock of 5 hens are golden sex links. We love Napa. The wineries have beautiful gardens. Napa is where I found my chandelier that is in the coop. Yes, I know, that's a little over the top. lol Weather is definitely on the cool side here. I never leave the house without a sweater in hand.

Mary

Noah Will

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well now you've gone and done it. I have to see that chandelier. My girls ( R.I.R.'s, Cream Leg Bars and Light Sussex ) don't got that fancy a home but I would like to hang some framed up photos of them in there...I spend so much time in with them I wouldn't say boo against seeing photos of them when they were chicks. Also thought of painting it prettier in there. It's just a little chicken barn but no rules says it can't be pleasing to the human eye. Specially on days like today. Started out at 5:30 with a storm pouring down rain like God was making a point. Me and the flock all in there...dreary. That's my cuddle girl, Lucy. Ca't get near the top roost without her going in for a snug. The other just shows how the inside's just ply, no color, no chandelier...but they got a fan!
I never leave the house without a sweater in hand.
These days...I never leave the house without rain gear...

Attachments

• Lucy cuddlin Will.jpg
    Lucy cuddlin Will.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 325
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 253