In Honor of Journey11-Post Duct Tape Pictures!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a roll of Justin Bieber duct tape 3 years ago for a gag gift to a party that ended up getting canceled. I just can't bring myself to use it though! :sick

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
baymule-I just keep the pink stuff around for regular daily usage. Nuttin' special :D

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMG, and I was just about to tell how I use bailing twine in place of Duct Tape. Old, old, old, and nearly extinct. Here I thought all farmers made everything work with baling twine, too.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMG, and I was just about to tell how I use bailing twine in place of Duct Tape. Old, old, old, and nearly extinct. Here I thought all farmers made everything work with baling twine, too.
Oh, it still has it's uses but every farmer has duct tape but not every farmer bales or feeds hay any more. If it's metal, they'll weld it!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hummmmm. I don't bale. I don't feed hay. I still have baling twine around. Must be left overs from my macramé days. I find the Duct Tape doesn't last long in outdoor applications.
I have tried talking DS into learning welding.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
An old ex-bf was in the Army and told me they call it "500 mph tape". I guess they tape everything together too! :p

Lemme see... Well, the day I put that as my sig, I was taping together a cardboard brooder. Looking around the house I found:

An old shovel handle wrapped in DT to keep me from getting splinters.

DH tapes his bundle of rods for the chimney cleaning brush together so he can climb up there without falling to his death trying to catch a loose rod.

DH has bits of DT tacked here and there where he intends to come back and fix leaky spots in the gutters. (Yeah, right...:rolleyes:)

A cracked trash can taped back together.

DT holding a piece of cardboard in place to close off a vent in the basement.

DT on my homemade chicken bucket feeder.

And a waterblob we made this summer, but hadn't thrown away yet (thought we'd fill it again.)

ETC...I'm sure there's more, but it's too cold to go outside and look around the yard! 11 degrees today. :tongue

When I was in college, I had a '92 Chevy Cavalier that ran great, but looked like crap. Things were always falling off of it. I had that whole car held together with duct tape!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:p When I was in college, I had a '92 Chevy Cavalier that ran great, but looked like crap. Things were always falling off of it. I had that whole car held together with duct tape!

Dad had a car like that. Instead of Duct Tape, Dad used bumper stickers. They were stronger and lasted forever. Always said the car would fall apart if the stickers were removed.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just wish I could build a boat like Smithyard Farm. Do you know that some boats at one time before fiberglass were made with paper and shellac?

No, I still buy baling twine. Yeah, about every 3 years I negotiate a deal with the feedstore guy for 1 instead of 2 rolls that come in the box. I suppose I could bite the bullet and take a 6 year investment.

We used baling wire for haying on the farm - mostly. These days? I buy "tie wire." People use it with re-bar (buy that, too). Yeah, a roll lasts me a year or two. Now, it takes a real man to replace the "lead pipe cinch" with 3/8" re-bar. Just sayin' . . .

Steve
Smithyard! Smithyard! Smithyard!

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I save the hay twine off the round bales we buy for the horses. I use hay twine for lots of stuff. Hay twine and DT--survival items!!!! :lol:

This is Parker, helping me stake tomatoes last summer!

Parker hay twine.jpg

Latest posts