In other Weather News

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The WS was obviously making a little joke that with a new record number of rainless days ..

. we could now go for a record number of rainy days. I should tell everyone that 1/4" of rain is thought to amount to a rainy day, around here. But anyway, the WS is already predicting a warmer and drier week, next week. Warmer meaning about 70° highs.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was snow on the top of the most local to me mountains yesterday. Just a dusting so I'm not going to panic yet, as I am not ready for winter.
There's still lots to be wrapped up, but my hay is stacked and the firewood's in so that's the important stuff checked off.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am relieved to see rain again this morning. It is actually a little warmer than at 3:30.

What I'm hoping for is no frost over the next 2 nights and that may get the garden plants outta frost danger ... I'd like to think ... into October.

It doesn't matter much but my pepper-challenged location has only seen some of its first red hot peppers! As it is, I think that the Thai Dragon won't fully ripen. Benjamin Bunny raided my late planted pea vines but the beans-after-peas are still at full rev!

Looks like Stanley Idaho missed out on the Coldest in the 48 Contiguous list! Forecast was for 19°f this morning but the snow clouds are accumulating there!

Steve

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's been raining here the last few days. After a summer of no rain it's a welcome relief, the whole Provence has been lit up with forest fires. No frost yet but I imagine it's right around the corner. Right now it's 7:56AM and it's 64.4ºF .

Annette

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have been at our normals this week. Starting Sunday and through next week, we will have another heat wave. Typical Indian summer.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
High of 91 today, no rain, need some. We came in at 10:30 this morning, not a dry thread on either one of us. Normally we last until 11:30 to 1:00, but not today.

Latest posts