Introducing Beaux

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
AAAANNDNNNDDDDD that is why my SIL's purebred collies cost her thousands of $'s every year in Vet bills. Every time she is assured of the family tree and every time she gets a genetically sick dog.
Not buyin' it. Sick puppies get put down after they are returned. Is this not abusive, to breed sick animals?
The exceptions make everybody think that breeders are kind. There are not enough owners for all of the dogs all over the world, yet breeders believe that they are responsible for "saving the breed." pfft
Anytime you breed for a specific recessive trait-collies nose, hair, etc you can run into problems-so don’t buy a collie or any other breed with known genetic problems. Easy solution.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the point of pure-bred vs. mutt is that with a mutt you don't have to go through huge expense to get them and you don't have to go through all the medical BS when they're in pain and should be put down. they can have a great life, be a great companion and then go on with grace and dignity. and then after a while you go to the pound and get another. this medical vet and expensive breeding stuff is just insane. but as i've noticed the past several years this country (the USoA if that isn't clear) is beyond insane i don't expect much other any longer...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really feel a purebred dogs life is worth the same as a mutts life, THEY ARE DOGS BOTH EQUAL TO EACH OTHER. Here is some something to stew on I get the exact some amount for a mix breed puppy as my purebred puppy. They are no longer called mutts but designer dogs. It really ticks me off when people treat them as disposable things, don't spend money when sick just go get another at the pound.

Last edited by a moderator:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Designer dogs....... my kid has one, a yorkie chihuahua mix. Assume purpose is to use the females that are best mothers plus pups keep desired “look”? & owners can’t breed as their offspring will be F2’s with large variance.

When I worked at a small animal vet practice, someone brought in a cat. I recognized it as a “barn” cat. Was quickly informed it was a domestic.....as if there is anything wrong with barn cats.

I hate puppy mills as well as morons that allow their dogs to breed-flooding the pounds..... puppy mills can be stopped tomorrow. Buy from breeders that you know and NO pet shop dogs. It’s in the consumers hands.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
So how is old Beaux doing today @baymule ?
Way to diffuse the Dog War.....:p

Beaux got his head took off by Trip this evening. I was petting Trip and Beaux came up for attention. Trip growled and snapped at Beaux not once, but several times, staccato style. I had to laugh at Mr. Jealous, and assured both that they were BOTH Mamma's Boys. Hugs and pets and we came in. Both are sprawled in the floor snoozing.

Latest posts