Is it spring yet?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Farm and Fleet had seeds and all the STUFF to get them started indoors! Which really prompts DH to start things too soon. :hu

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My seeds are packed in a couple of buckets....... "new" garden is a major weed patch...... no time to start seeds, will just have to direct plant or cheat and go get plants....I want to do everything NOW.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Therapy is good. I have my dirt therapy, my quilt therapy, and my scary murder mystery (book) therapy. Then there's food therapy.....

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel! Something about January makes me want to garden now. This morning I went out and tilled compost into my garden, and then pulled up an additional 10 feet of lawn I got permission for last year. Going to be a very big garden this year!! Also started taking wheel barrow loads of dirt around to my new raised garden bed, weeded the rose and herb garden, and that was just today!

Sure can't wait till my seeds get here. :) Husband is setting me up plant lights so I can start them indoors!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow. Very cold weather @Lavender2 ! Right now its at a beautiful 54 degrees, and our coldest temp where I live was 27 degrees so far. We have TOO much sunshine. But that's good for all the crops growing right now.
I have a friend that moved to Arizona years ago. She missed the snow so much they would drive to the mountains for Christmas. I will never grasp that thought. Oh to feel 50°right now!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My morale always gets pretty low this time of year. I hate being cooped up. It has been nasty cold here (but looking for Saturday to get into the 50s with some SUN! Gonna take advantage of that.)

Looking at seed catalogs doesn't help much, just makes me antsy and I feel overwhelmed by too many possibilities. I've been forcing bulbs this year and regrowing veggie scraps to help me get through it. :p

Latest posts