Is it spring yet?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lavender2,I thought the pics of Como Gardens were beautiful. Couldn't figure out where it was, till I came back and checked your location. Must be in Minneapolis/St Paul area.

Yes, Como Conservatory is in St. Paul, about 25 minutes from me.
My DIL sent DH a link for their Valentine Dinner Event, beautiful and romantic, but $165. will buy me lots of seeds and soil and plants. :D

images
images

I just remembered I stashed a 40 pound bag of soil in my porch last year. :woot

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Lavender2 I can understand your Arizona friend. Snow in Dec is holiday snow, which I love. Snow after Dec is winter snow, don't love that.

The only snow I don't mind seeing is March snow, I know it will melt very very soon, well usually.

My mom has this huge winter village (dept 56) that we set up with that fiber snow stuff... with white lights under the snow it's actually kind of pretty. She started giving me some of the village pieces since we don't put it all up every year. I told her I'm going to use artificial turf instead of snow when I set it up. Whoa she didn't like that! :D

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My DIL sent DH a link for their Valentine Dinner Event, beautiful and romantic, but $165. will buy me lots of seeds and soil and plants. :D

images
images

What a lovely place for a party.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It certainly doesn't look like spring in south-est, central-est Wisconsin, but it just may be here.

When the geothermal system didn't get in this fall, DH predicted it would "be spring before they got started on it now." Well, a piece of spring is here. The diggers are laying the underground piping -- at least they started today. With a few more "warm" January days in the forecast for this week and early next week, we just may get it in.
horizontal digger.JPG
(For ya'll southerners, warm in January means at or above 30 degrees (F) for south-est, central-est Wisconsin.)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score

images
images

Oh, that would be the perfect Valentine's date, but yes, a little expensive. It looks so romantic. :love

@Smart Red , I hope they get it fixed quickly. What a bummer!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:hit :hit :hit :rant :mad: :tongue :hit :hit :hit :somad :barnie :somad:hit :hit :hit

All the big machines are driving away. "Something" broke on the driller. They promised to return tomorrow.:fl:hit :fl:hit :fl Can "something" be fixed that quickly?

Glad your project is underway and I hope they can make repairs quickly and keep going! :fl
It looks like the weather may hold out for a bit... loving this 35° day!

My SIL had a pole building built last year and had the same thing happen when they tried to drill for the footings. (they live near River Falls, is that whole state one big hunk of limestone? :eek:)
SIL had warned the installer that everywhere they dig they hit rock. He said 'no problem, we can drill through anything'. But they broke their 'something' also. Installer said he was going to charge him more, and SIL said, oh no you are not. They were able to fix their equipment and were back in 2 days to finish the job, for the quoted amount.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hitNope, it's not spring.:hit At least not today, not tomorrow either.:barnie Here is the message I received from the geo-contractor.
"Linnae
Thanks...I received it (faxed a legal document). I need this now because we will need to hammer drill the wells. The guys today dug numerous holes and hit rock
between 2 and 11 feet. I think I can get the new drilling team in this Tuesday. You have an incredibly hard site. You are sitting on a rock quarry.
Best Regards
Geothermal connect llc.":hit:rant:hit

When we dug the basement for our house, we dug out most of a 90 x 45 foot hole and went down over 13 feet without hitting so much as a small rock. What's the chance we chose the only spot on 30 acres with no bedrock? Sounds like that's just what we did do.

Latest posts