I've been Soft Soaped

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
What would happen if you left a bar of your Irish Spring in a small bucket of water?? Could you eventually pour your I.S. scented 'soft soap' into a pump bottle and use it like any other liquid bath soap??
bathtime.gif

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, they are trying to sell you more soap. They up the water quantity to make it softer so it will dissolve faster (talk about money down the drain). Unwrap your bars and put them in your sock drawer or closet and leave them to dry for a long time. You might need to stock up for awhile in order to let them sit long enough. They will become harder and last longer and make your clothes smell nice in the meantime.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder . . . maybe. I bet I can crush a new bar within my "manly" grip. It could probably be squeezed into a pulp easily

There was a liquid bath soap somewhere in my past.

With the rubber duckies and such, I'm not sure how interested I am about having something else to drop in the tub, tho'.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have just never thought . .

. about unwrapping them.

We don't usually think of "packaging" in that way.

digitS'

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I LOVE Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps (never tried the bars, don't know how they last). Lavender, Almond, Peppermint (cool and tingly in the summertime! Essential for New Orleans.) It's a bit pricey, but super-concentrated and lasts forever.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Joz, I am a big fan of Dr. Bronner's too. I always add a little water to mine, to stretch it a bit longer. I love that is not full of chemicals. My fav is the almond.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I use Irish Spring. I haven't noticed anything different about it. Of course, I have to admit I don't pay much attention to such things. I will examine my soap more closely tonight :p

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago, I tried to get my husband to use Irish spring. But nope said it was too "smelly" for him. I love the smell of it. :(

Mary

MeggsyGardenGirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I started out with Dr. Bronner's plain unscented and that's what convinced me and got me hooked. I go with unscented because I use it everywhere for everything, including the kitchen sink. I now buy organic Castile soap by the gallon and really think diluting 4:1 and using a foaming pump dispenser is a thrifty way to use it. Just smells clean and no soap scum. I still have some old bars of Irish Spring and Coast in my linen closet though.They probably would make great moth repellents too!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I use Irish Spring here and never noticed a difference. Steve is it possible your getting the bar wet when you don't mean to? I've noticed that since we put the bar of soap on one of those elevated soap olders (that looks like a tiny bed of nails oh my poor irish cleaning device!!! :th ) that it seems to make a difference.

It is soft, I've noticed that even using it the next day you'll see the little indentations where the soap sat. But I'm not keeping score with the stuff either.

Latest posts