I've been Soft Soaped

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ack!

Megsygardengirl tells me that I repel moths and Bay' says I stink!!

Well, at least it brought me back to the topic and I see poor, naive Jared's post about his experiences with Irish Spring. Jared, phone home and get your wife's take on your soap!

You know, we really should do these sorts of things for those around us and not for ourselves.

No Jared, the soap holder hasn't changed in the last 3 years, since the bathroom was remodeled. You know how that soap comes in a bundle? It has only been the last 2 that I have felt like, in Journey's words, money has been going down the drain. Oh, and this has been an "empty nest" for, I guess, 7 years now. So, not much traffic thru the shower stall.

Still, I think that drying the bars would make sense - however that might be done. I don't know why I wouldn't be able to find a basket for the remaining bars. Oh gosh! Just checked and I've got 4 of them. May have to stink awhile longer!!! Evergreen & mint is how I've always thought of the fragrance.

steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nobody likes LEVER cucumber/aloe?

(i do)

:rainbow-sun

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate smelly soaps. I equally hate smelly cologne, laundry products, air fresheners......and the list goes on. The typical person takes a shower in let's say.......Irish Spring, washes his hair in Coconut Suave shampoo, rubs his armpits with Right Guard in some other awful scent, then dresses in clothes washed in Mountain Meadow Tide, which were tossed in the dryer with a Spring Flowers Bounce dryer sheet. Then he sits in a recliner that his wife dutifully sprayed with Summer Day Febreeze and breathes deeply in the fumes of Lysol Original Scent that kills germs. Really? REALLY? Then he splashes on some manly Brut or whatever the TV commercials tell him that women swoon over and he goes to the store. A really nice guy, walking down the aisle to get a gallon of milk and by this time, he stinks like a pile of 3 day old funeral flowers. (women too, only worse)

What is wrong with just smelling like CLEAN?

Read the labels.If you ingest most of this stuff, you better call poison controll. But rub it on your skin, breathe it in your lungs and walk around all day with a cloud following you like the Pigpen character in the Charlie Brown comic strip.

OK, I guess I have offended just about everybody. :lol: Rant Over.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not sure what a clean human smells like.

After all, there are nearly as many skin microflora as there are microorganisms in the digestive track. They live in a symbiotic relationship with us humans. Skin microbiota: a source of disease or defence? (click if you dare)

Might we not smell just as much of the microflora as we do of . . . skin?

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I worked at the greenhouse and growing grounds we finally got a "dirt Boy" to do all the soil mixing and keeping the planting tables full, as well as the more arduous grunt work. What a great work ethic that guy had!

But he had the strongest B.O. of anybody I've ever been around, before or since. It was actually a topic of conversation around the table as we worked. He was neither shy nor apologetic about it. He saw no reason to do laundry more than every couple of weeks and wore the same clothes to work for days at a time.

He claimed it was healthier for the skin to not wash often. There may be some truth to that, I don't know....but I'll opt for being unhealthy in that regard.

He also claimed his girlfriend didn't think he stunk, that she actually liked it :sick.

We surmised it was a sort of pheromone effect.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Battlefield Earth is like taking a bus trip with someone who has needed a bath for a long time. It's not merely bad; it's unpleasant in a hostile way." ~ Roger Ebert

"Battlefield Earth swept the 2000 Golden Raspberry Awards and received seven "Razzies", including Worst Movie of the Year, Worst Actor (Travolta) . . ."

We are all critics!

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like when wimin smell like hippy chicks :p

It's true, I'm guilty. I beg the court's mercy.

All au natural smelling.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
"Battlefield Earth is like taking a bus trip with someone who has needed a bath for a long time. It's not merely bad; it's unpleasant in a hostile way." ~ Roger Ebert

"Battlefield Earth swept the 2000 Golden Raspberry Awards and received seven "Razzies", including Worst Movie of the Year, Worst Actor (Travolta) . . ."

We are all critics!

Steve
Steve! You could have also posted this on Marshalls berry thread! Dual purpose posting, double your fun!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I kind of think the 2 posts he did got cross posted. :)

Latest posts