Joy in the Little Things

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your cats look so adorable! šŸ˜
Thanks, they're, and I do enjoy their companions, too.

P_20221220_084218_1.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My new horse, Reina, doesnā€™t like to be caught and will walk away when I have a halter in my hand. Iā€™ve been working on that by putting the halter on her before she can eat. I also give her treats, something she looks forward to. Yesterday, with halter in hand, she came to me! I put the halter on, snapped the lead rope on and led her to a post and tied her up. I worked on unraveling more of the matted mess in her mane, then we walked down the driveway to the mailbox and back. When I took her halter off, I put it back on several times and she didnā€™t try to walk away. She got her treats.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My new horse, Reina, doesnā€™t like to be caught and will walk away when I have a halter in my hand. Iā€™ve been working on that by putting the halter on her before she can eat. I also give her treats, something she looks forward to. Yesterday, with halter in hand, she came to me! I put the halter on, snapped the lead rope on and led her to a post and tied her up. I worked on unraveling more of the matted mess in her mane, then we walked down the driveway to the mailbox and back. When I took her halter off, I put it back on several times and she didnā€™t try to walk away. She got her treats.
:clap You got her trained already

Have you got a picture of her?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:clap You got her trained already

Have you got a picture of her?

Here she is with the granddaughters hugging and petting her. She just stood there and didnā€™t walk away. Makes me wonder if maybe she has little children in her background.

9DD76A3F-4CA9-47C7-B684-23F0A4154F62.jpeg

She has gained a little weight but still has a long way to go.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This 2022 will become a piece of history in another few hours. I kept cleaning the house and prepared for the coming new year.

2022 has been a complicated year, a long story, but so far, it's kind for our small family. Our simple lifestyle nourished us.

Being a part of TEG also brings me joy all the time, even at those moments when I was just a reader. Thank you all, and have a happy new year!

1526_0.jpg

Latest posts