just a update...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Collector I'm with you. I see rodents, I go into full time war mode. Sorry, @ninnymary , always wanted to see San Fran, but your stories f rats, think I'll stay in Indiana...... (As Mary thinks-Whew, That was a close one, catastrophe avoided.....)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would run for the hills if I had a rat problem. One thing that gives me the willies is rodents ,rat or mouse which ever. Every spring we get a few mice coming in and I have a pretty massive mouse arsenal, and get on the hunt first sign of them. I could not share space with them I would have to sleep outside lol.
A big guy like you...My son too.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The ones I've seen are bigger than my Chihuahua. If they weren't outside I would might try living out their. I've tried everything I know but they are dang smart. If something hurts one of them the rest will stay clear. My grandson (the one in my avatar) did say Poppy should shoot them with his shotgun but I draw the line at that. Maybe if we had a pellet gun. We are trying to get a rural house loan to buy our own house/property and to heck with this. I love this place but the landlord ties our hands at doing anything. The plumbing all leaks but he did fix the electricity. I wish he would let us have some cats. It's so hard to find places to live. We live in a very small community that is very poor. All the rent houses are pretty much the same. Arkansas rental laws are for the landowner with tenants very little power. A friend wants me to buy her house just down the road but I don't really like how her house is situated. I guess time will tell. Anyone knows what works on rats besides poisons and traps(already tried) give me a holler.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
The ones I've seen are bigger than my Chihuahua. If they weren't outside I would might try living out their. I've tried everything I know but they are dang smart. If something hurts one of them the rest will stay clear. My grandson (the one in my avatar) did say Poppy should shoot them with his shotgun but I draw the line at that. Maybe if we had a pellet gun. We are trying to get a rural house loan to buy our own house/property and to heck with this. I love this place but the landlord ties our hands at doing anything. The plumbing all leaks but he did fix the electricity. I wish he would let us have some cats. It's so hard to find places to live. We live in a very small community that is very poor. All the rent houses are pretty much the same. Arkansas rental laws are for the landowner with tenants very little power. A friend wants me to buy her house just down the road but I don't really like how her house is situated. I guess time will tell. Anyone knows what works on rats besides poisons and traps(already tried) give me a holler.

Maybe a Jack Russell terrier

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Another one has been running all over the living room this morning. I keep telling my sons to throw shoes at it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Collector I'm with you. I see rodents, I go into full time war mode. Sorry, @ninnymary , always wanted to see San Fran, but your stories f rats, think I'll stay in Indiana...... (As Mary thinks-Whew, That was a close one, catastrophe avoided.....)
You crack me up!!! :lol::lol:

You need to come up to the bay area as we call it. I'll be your personal tour guide.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
7/29/17
took the girls for a late morning walk, we went over to the raised beds pulled some weeds. holy cow i have a single pole bean that over wintered growing.. so made a quickie trellis so maybe we will get a handful in September...
IMG_0432[1].JPG

also the muscadine grapes are doing fine for their second year here..
IMG_0434[1].JPG

spent most of the raised bed wood money on our vacation....oh well had a blast.. tic toc the clock is counting down to next year...
otherwise not much going on here..

Latest posts