just a update...

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have muscadine vines growing over our blackberry bushes. A black bear has been tearing them up to get to the blackberries.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
one thing i learned up in new york that needs to be corrected in the slang dictionary.....

well does a bear poop in the woods?....

heck no a bear poops where ever it wants too....
IMG_0355[1].JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
9/2/17 update...
we received 2" of rain from tropical harvey last night, has been overcast and cool 67* a very nice day to have the windows open and take a couple naps.
as i mentioned in another thread i have been playing truck driver for the last 5 weeks, the other drivers doctor has him out for another 4 weeks..grrrrrrr
so i enjoy weekend mid day naps to catch up on sleep....

dang i was way wrong on that pole bean, it's a bloody virginia creeper had me fooled.. but still it's nice to look at.
IMG_0535[1].JPG

the volunteer diplomat melon is setting fruit....
IMG_0538[1].JPG
the only squash that we grew last year was honey bear winter squash... thats the only thing i can think of...
IMG_0539[1].JPG
so theres the update on my weed and volunteer garden..... tic toc only 8 months till i start 2018 garden...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's not Virginia Creeper either Major. But it's definitely healthy whatever it is. Morning Glory would be too obvious...air potato?

And also, I think it's pretty mean of you to have better looking accidents than I have on purpose-planted. :tongue

yes i was quickly corrected by the dw, indeed it is morning glory....me bad sorry

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
9/17/17 update..
finished all the weekend chores.... time to relax and share the wonderful i am not gardening this year photos..

the kiwis did a rough count about 140 this year, no super sized ones figuring around 20-25 lbs..
IMG_0581[1].JPG

the winter acorn squash... neat that i have one, but it's in the worst spot only gets a couple hours of sun a day and sprouted way to late... we shall see
IMG_0586[1].JPG

the diplomat melon...hard to say if we will get any to eat, but fun to watch ...
IMG_0589[1].JPG

and finally the muscadines grapes.. had a couple while mowing yesterday.. still needs time to sweeten up.
IMG_0588[1].JPG

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
how about that i have goji berries....all about the size of your pinky nail .. guess my experiment is doing great...
IMG_0594[1].JPG

as for the diplomat melon volunteer, failure cucumber beetles bit it so they never had a chance to ripen all the way ...pulled it this morning hope the wildlife will enjoy them...

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Expect info on goji berries. Good to eat raw or like too many, health benefits out weigh the lack of good flavor.