Kissing bugs

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Until we have a bipartisan approach and a willingness to work with our neighboring countries we will not have real comprehensive and lasting immigration reform.

I respect anybody who is willing to give so much in order to make a better life. Legal or illegal I don't care quality people are quality people. Just like if your a bad person, nationality and their immigration status is a moot point because you're a bad person. Its about intent and who they are that is more important to me than their legal status.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh no!! Flies get to be spider food! I just check on the spiders when I go out to do chicken chores. It ended up to be 7 of them for a week or 2.

Spiders really are fascinating creatures. When Kid#1 was 4, he and I did a unit study on spiders. We captured flies down by the horse corrals to feed them, and watched them run out and wrap them up.

A few years ago we had a pair of big Cat spiders on either side of the rollup garage door. I would catch little grasshoppers to toss in their webs. I thought it was a nice thing to do for the spiders, even though it was fueled by revenge on the 'hoppers.
Bwahahahaha. :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have at least a dozen Golden Orb spiders in my back yard. 2 were DETERMINED to move up to the side and back doors and finally accepted being re-located a little ways off. It's funny, for someone who is scared to death of 'spiders' I will reach practically through a G.O.'s web to keep from disturbing it and have had no problem all summer squeezing between one of the BIG girls and the gate. I also have one of those little tiny jumping spiders living in the scale that is named Wilson (where's Wilson... Wilson!! WILSON!!!!) Spiders skitter all around me in the garden and I couldn't care less... Wolf spiders are all over the barn. But let one of those nightmare monster spiders that carry a bazillion live babies on their backs make a brief appearance ANYWHERE and I'm ready to call in an air strike.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spiders really are fascinating creatures. When Kid#1 was 4, he and I did a unit study on spiders. We captured flies down by the horse corrals to feed them, and watched them run out and wrap them up.

A few years ago we had a pair of big Cat spiders on either side of the rollup garage door. I would catch little grasshoppers to toss in their webs. I thought it was a nice thing to do for the spiders, even though it was fueled by revenge on the 'hoppers.
Bwahahahaha. :)
I used to throw japanese beetles in the webs of the big black and yellow spiders.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The ladies...well, most of them, are back to putting the zig zag on their webs.

Latest posts