Kitchen coming along ok.,

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have never even received an apology from them. The construction contractor has been great, he will not be paid until the cabinets are finished and we sign off, however, we paid for the entire project up front.

Unfortunately it is not unusual these days to have lots of trouble with remodelers. That is mainly why I did ours myself, have heard a lots of horror stories. At least your pain will be ending soon and you will have a nice kitchen.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The designer is new and we found out today that she has only been involved in four projects to date and has screwed up three of the four. I would like to be a fly on the wall when she gets her performance appraisal. Dave, the installer, told me yesterday that his boss met with her boss and the company representative yesterday. She may not be doing this for much longer.

The sad thing is that there very well may be two other stories more horrible than mine. :duc

Last edited:

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
The designer is new and we found out today that she has only been involved in four projects to date and has screwed up three of the four. I would like to be a fly on the wall when she gets her performance appraisal. Dave, the installer, told me yesterday that his boss met with her boss and the company representative yesterday. She may not be doing this for much longer.

The sad thing is that there very well may be two other stories more horrible than mine. :duc
Worse than your story, hard to believe. Wow

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonder if you could find out what they do with the "off" cabinets? Maybe make a good discount deal on them and them have new cabinets for the garage, man cave, shop?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonder if you could find out what they do with the "off" cabinets? Maybe make a good discount deal on them and them have new cabinets for the garage, man cave, shop?

Man cave is full with my toys: computers, ham radios, cameras, drones, orchids. It is the best do it yourself project I ever did. It has a large screen TV, sofa bed, fridge and coffee machine. Also, Miss Ava keeps her toys and artwork there. She bought me a sign for the door for Christmas. I sure don't need any more cabinets.

man cave.jpg

pops place.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Man cave is full with my toys: computers, ham radios, cameras, drones, orchids. It is the best do it yourself project I ever did. It has a large screen TV, sofa bed, fridge and coffee machine. Also, Miss Ava keeps her toys and artwork there. She bought me a sign for the door for Christmas. I sure don't need any more cabinets.

View attachment 24673

View attachment 24674
LOVE it :)

Ann Rose

Sprout
Reaction score
A sink, finally we have a sink after six long weeks! I have spent so much time in the basement bending over the laundry sink I am starting to resemble Quasimodo. The tile is being installed and the third order for the cabinets over the sink is due in tomorrow. If she got it wrong again I will really really be upset. :barnie If the cabinets are correct, this time, we may be complete by the end of the week. Just some trim and electrcal work to finish up. Never again though. :rolleyes:

View attachment 24630

View attachment 24631

Now place a good handsfree soap dispenser near the sink. Choosing the soap dispenser is an easy job only when you concentrate carefully on the factors of choosing the soap dispenser. By selecting the dispenser properly, it can stay for long periods of time. You can choose either liquid dispensers or foam dispensers based on your need.

Latest posts