Kitchen coming along ok.,

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, white and beige, that's colorful...
Not really, I like color. But I had the whole house to paint and didn't want to change colors for different rooms. I just picked the beige because it would go with practically any furnishings. I did buy a new set of dishes with all bright colors. Beige is boring.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like soft shades of yellow, buttermilk or old linen white, old ceramic greens...these are my happy colors. I also like accents of red..brings a smile to my face.

I can't bear too much white but do love a good bright white trim to make room colors pop.

I don't think I could live in a black house but I do think the old red farmhouses with white trim are quaint and bring back fond memories of my grandma.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The great thing about paint is for price of a gallon you can make a big change in a room. I love a freshly painted room
So do I , but it is so hard to get help doing it. I have bought paint only to have it sit around for YEARS unopened! :( Can you believe I am married to and have 2 sons that are commercial industrial painters! Finally got my kitchen painted when I told sons that would be my Mother's Day present and then I would make lunch. ;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, you could have done what my mom used to do (passive aggressive perfection) by starting the job knowing full well she didn't have the skill or strength to finish it, then my dad would take over out of..... pity? amusement? exasperation? guilt! Anyway, it worked for her.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, you could have done what my mom used to do (passive aggressive perfection) by starting the job knowing full well she didn't have the skill or strength to finish it, then my dad would take over out of..... pity? amusement? exasperation? guilt! Anyway, it worked for her.
Don't I wish! I have tried that. The front porch was looking really bad. After years of whining and fussing I tried it myself. What he could have done in an afternoon took me two days. He would look, shake his head, point out drips and misses but never took over or helped. :somad On several occasions he almost had a bucket of paint dumped over his head. :barnie

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Easy hit hubby in the bank account tell him your going to hire someone to paint. Bet that gets the job done. Unless My dog is being shown they are matted messes. Shoe makers kids don't wear shoes.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our remaining cabinets were delivered today and finally they are correct. The installer told me that after he left our house yesterday he went to another job and that person's order was incorrect also. The woman was furious as her project has been ongoing since Christmas due to a number of errors. The person who made the error is the same person who ordrered our cabinets incorrecty twice and there is another customer who is dealing with the same issues. Three customers that we know of just this year and it is only February. :mad:

I wonder who is going to absorb all of the freight charges, not to mention the time wasted by the contractor, and what will be done with the incorrect cabinets.

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our remaining cabinets were delivered today and finally they are correct. The installer told me that after he left our house yesterday he went to another job and that person's order was incorrect also. The woman was furious as her project has been ongoing since Christmas due to a number of errors. The person who made the error is the same person who ordrered our cabinets incorrecty twice and there is another customer who is dealing with the same issues. Three customers that we know of just this year and it is only February.
Errors like that are costly. I imagine if they still have a job, it will not be for long. Kitchen is looking real nice. Will be done soon, too. :)

Latest posts