Kitchen coming along ok.,

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
It should be finished by Tuesday or Wednesday. I have been helping the installer and we have become very friendly during this project and I am leanrning a lot of techniques from him. He is absolutely amazing as he can do all of the trades well. He has been doing this since he was seventeen and has been involved in the construction of over three hundred homes. People like that will never have to worry about being unemployed. He has been here so long that I told him we consider him part of the family now and we'll set a place for him at Thanksgiving dinner. ;)

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fitting the missing cabinets into position was made much more difficult because of the error. The cabinets on both sides were already in place and the new cabinets over the sink had to be installed in between the previously installed cabinets. The filler panels had to be cut to EXACT measurements to complete the install correctly. The grout has to be installed, under cabinet lighting has to be installed some final touch up painting on the trim and we will be FINISHED. :celebrate

Below are before and after photos.

before.jpg

p21.jpg

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moving stoves gives you so much more counter space NICE
That was the easiest part of the project! Now we have so many cabinets along that wall my wife will probably be out buying kitchen gadgets to put in them. Oh, and the ceiling light is being upgraded to something more modern as part of the project.

p22.jpg

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When i redid my kitchen I wanted to get rid of kitchen window contractor talked me in to leaving. Wish I listened to myself, would be much happier without. Window looks out to unity room, that once was screened porch

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@jackb , your kitchen is coming out really nice. I would try to get a 10% discount after all your troubles. These guys really dropped the ball more than once on your project. You will have a great construction horror story to tell in the future for sure. I wanted to do painted cabinets in our house, but DW got her way. I like the look of painted cabinets, makes it easy to change decorating styles if you want.enjoy your new kitchen.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
@jackb , your kitchen is coming out really nice. I would try to get a 10% discount after all your troubles. These guys really dropped the ball more than once on your project. You will have a great construction horror story to tell in the future for sure. I wanted to do painted cabinets in our house, but DW got her way. I like the look of painted cabinets, makes it easy to change decorating styles if you want.enjoy your new kitchen.

We have never even received an apology from them. The construction contractor has been great, he will not be paid until the cabinets are finished and we sign off, however, we paid for the entire project up front.

Latest posts