Lavender

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I actually was a surprised my plants...all but one...made it through the winter. I never got around to mulching them in the Fall, they sat under snow for almost two months, and we had some of the fiercest cold weather we've had in a long time. Perhaps all that snow that just would not melt protected them from the cold and wind.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snow makes a great insulator if it gets deep enough and stays around through the bitterest cold.

We had a fairly mild winter but a lot of established roses and perennials died because of a brutal cold we got in the fall with no insulating snow cover.

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just got my May/June edition of GRIT Magazine out of the mailbox, and my eye hit upon some text on the cover that read: Make Money Growing Lavender. The article is called: Farming Lavender and the subject of the article is Julie Haushalter who owns a 25 acre property near Weyers Cave, VA and grows Lavender on her farm called White Oak lavender Farm. You can learn more and visit her farm by going to www.WhiteOakLavender.com
perhaps you can get some info there, TReeves

Latest posts