Left-over Turkey - what's cookin'?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Or in the woods?

Did you all hear about that dog that brought home a human leg to its owner the other day? The man was older, in his 90's, and he got scared and buried it in his backyard!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ahem . . .

Well, I bought too much cream cheese, also. Any healthful ideas about what to do with it?

DW picked up some green onions at the store :rolleyes:. There is a recipe for "cream of garlic" soup I'm thinking of adapting. Yes, I'm thinking of using sweet onion instead of the garlic. Use the cream cheese. Sprinkle the top with the chopped scallions. There are some bones in a pot for soup stock on the stove right now. . .

If it is any good, I can call it Rapscallion Soup.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Good name Steve! I like recipes that are named after the authors ;) .

I have another idea for your cream cheese that I KNOW is healthy, yes, very, VERY healthy! Make a big ol' carrot cake and top it with cream cheese frosting! :)

That's what I'm having right now as a morning snack with my big ol' cup of coffee. That's coffee with cream that this time wound up in the jar and not all over the floor.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is something I've never made...carrot cake. :drool

I like cream cheese in potato soup too. I can't think of too many things that a little cream cheese wouldn't perk up. I have a really good tuna salad recipe from my dad that uses cream cheese. But usually when I have a lot of cc on hand, I make a cheese ball!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It worked!

Creamy Spanish-Style Garlic Soup Just substitute a large sweet onion for the 12 cloves (12 cloves!!) of garlic. Yes, it reminds me of potato soup when I use cream cheese but there's no potatoes in it.

Good way to use up a lot of cream cheese :p. No thickening, no milk. I checked the cholesterol and it is not low but, as we should all know, cream cheese has about the cholesterol and the calories of butter.

Thistle', I have avoided the bottled coffee that was so kindly purchased for me y'day and am having some oolong/ginseng tea. S'okay . . . I kind of like it . . . might be an acquired taste.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, this is where those smoked chickens are ending up!

Not that complex but that isn't tooooo uncommon a soup around here, Major' ;). Got the bok choy but the barbeque chicken meat comes from the deli. DW has her favorite.

Hey, that lady is from Snoqualmie, Wah! I like that town's name and that little corner of the world. In fact, I used to make that corner off of I90 on my way to Redmond to visit a girlfriend who lived there. Often stopped at those romantic falls :cool:. May not have known what bok choy was in those daze . . .

Steve
edited to say: tomato growers catalog has arrived!

Latest posts