legal mary wanna

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Seen dogs like that in the mountains here~ didn't swallow the rocks~ I don't think~ just kept it in their mouth rattling it around~ grinding their teeth down until they weren't much of anything there~ never asked the owner what they were fed or how they could eat```

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What is it with the rocks... I had a German Shepard, Gypsy, when ever we went down to the river to swim her favorite thing to do was stick her head under water grab rocks dropping them on the shore and then go for another. She loved to go in the water but was a lousy swimmer until we twigged to give a her a stick with a bit of weight to it, this kept her front feet in the water not flailing around in the air. After she got the hang of it there was no stopping her.
Other than that she was the smartest dog we ever owned. We had a little corner store two houses away from us, we knew the owners quite well. I could pick up the phone tell them what item I wanted and send the dog down to pick it up. She would sit outside the door waiting for the bag, she always brought it straight home. If I went down to the store she insisted on carrying my purse, god help anyone other than me try taking it away from her. She was not the preferred colors, she was close to white but took on a bit of tan color on her ears in the summer. I had her for 17 years, it was a sad day when we had to say goodbye to her.

Annette

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mother owned a large farm as well as a general store / grocery store in town. She would write a note, place it into a basket and send her German Shepherd to bring home what she had written in the note. This dog never failed to deliver the goods, rain, snow, or sunshine . Noone would dare to remove anything from the basket except for my mother.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
We adopted a toddler McNab border collie from a rescue that took them off the Reservation in Covelo CA. That dog was the smarted thing ever! Except he ate rocks, socks, toys, underwear, entire boxes of cereal, an entire Costco pumpkin pie, and entire box minus 1 piece of See's candy, and more. He came within a half an hour of a $3K operation, when he pooped out a kids stuffed toy from our Grands. He then got into snail bait from our garden shed and when we found him in the morning, he was half gone. Had to have a neighbor shoot him as it was Sunday and nobody was open. I was so mad at that gorgeous smart dog for having this eat anything affliction. So mad and sad...

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had a little Cairn Terrior, you know the breed if if gets mad at you will sh*t on your shoe. Her coat is long because it was worth your fingers if you tried to pluck her, so all she got was combings.
DCP_1360.JPG
She got into some rat poison one day, a hasty call to the vet, she said give her some peroxide and make her puke, we did, she did, and she was fine.

Annette

Latest posts