let the seed-holic's meeting begin

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I have you beat. My seeds fill two desk drawers, a small filing cabinet (tomatoes) and a shopping bag, and I only have maybe 20 sqft. of actual garden. And I STILL buy a couple dozen new packets every year. I have seed for things I don't have a HOPE of growing, like tropical TREES. And that's not counting the two stacks of compartmentalized boxes (both of which are now so tall that they go from the floor to the top of my radiator) filled with seeds I have picked out of other seeds (mostly bags of beans and spices from ethnic markets).

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sSig_youtheman[1].gif

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
yep, Pulse, i think you have most of us beat here!

over the weekend i tried slowing myself down from looking, or at least revising my list of wants. pulled out the tablet, grabbed a couple of the canisters of seeds & started cleaning up the spreadsheet i've kept over the years. found i had a few extra packets so condensed them into smaller envelopes (ahem....helps make more space for...well...more seeds) :p

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm a former seed-holic. Unfortunately, all treatments failed... and thanks to numerous well-meaning traders over the years, my condition has now worsened to seedsophrenia. :th
073_zpsxqgzp32g.jpg

That is just the various beans, peas, and soybeans saved from 2015. I'd post the photos from 2016 - which was a much better year - but I can't figure out how to transfer them from my phone to the computer. :barnie

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have two buckets of seeds. I need to get them all out and figure out what else I need. But really, I need to plant what I already have.

This is where I am this year too. I am not going to allow myself to buy anything more unless it is something I just don't have (which is unlikely). I'm going to make myself use up what I have and force myself to throw out some stuff that has gotten too old.

I will take on a few new beans if Russ does the network again this year. And I'll carefully go through and see which of my beans and tomatoes need renewed first. I don't expect to plant nearly as many beans this year though. I need to keep things manageable.

I'm going to put in sweet corn in half of the small 12'x20' garden patch and a bunch of sunflowers on the other half. I'm not planning to plant the whole big garden either, just a few things I want in there for grow-outs and the rest of the space will go to annual flowers. I'm going to plant that big garden to clover first as soon as the weather allows and cut wide rows into that. I'll use the 3 raised beds for things I plan to feed us on. Still hoping to put in 3 more, if time allows, and one of those will be dedicated to everbearing strawberries and another to asparagus.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm a former seed-holic. Unfortunately, all treatments failed... and thanks to numerous well-meaning traders over the years, my condition has now worsened to seedsophrenia. :th
073_zpsxqgzp32g.jpg

That is just the various beans, peas, and soybeans saved from 2015. I'd post the photos from 2016 - which was a much better year - but I can't figure out how to transfer them from my phone to the computer. :barnie

Pic is not showing up.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
But, it did, @journey11 . The picture shows on your @Zeedman quote, as well.

Chris, you don't have a wire to connect your phone to the computer?

How about emailing from your phone and then opening and saving the attachment? I have a "snipping tool" on 2 computers. I've been using that quite a bit. If you can see your photo anywhere online, you can snip and save. If your computer has any of the newer Windows, it should have that app or here's a link to download it but you have to upload from your phone, somewhere. Like TEG ;).

Steve

Latest posts