let the seed-holic's meeting begin

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
But, it did, @journey11 . The picture shows on your @Zeedman quote, as well.

Chris, you don't have a wire to connect your phone to the computer?

How about emailing from your phone and then opening and saving the attachment? I have a "snipping tool" on 2 computers. I've been using that quite a bit. If you can see your photo anywhere online, you can snip and save. If your computer has any of the newer Windows, it should have that app or here's a link to download it but you have to upload from your phone, somewhere. Like TEG ;).

Steve

Hmmm...I still can't see it. Just says [ IMG ] for me. May be my browser, but I rarely have trouble with Firefox. Lemme check my phone...

ETA: Yep, there it is on the phone.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stopped at farm center for chicken feed and bedding. Didn't make it past the seed racks unscathed. Mostly picked up seeds for starting early veggies and annual flowers. Looking for small sized fruits and low growing veggies this year.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think the newest version of Firefox isn't agreeing with a few sites. i've been having issues with my email displaying incorrectly & ebay has been a mess too with how the screen looks.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
But, it did, @journey11 . The picture shows on your @Zeedman quote, as well.

Chris, you don't have a wire to connect your phone to the computer?

How about emailing from your phone and then opening and saving the attachment? I have a "snipping tool" on 2 computers. I've been using that quite a bit. If you can see your photo anywhere online, you can snip and save. If your computer has any of the newer Windows, it should have that app or here's a link to download it but you have to upload from your phone, somewhere. Like TEG ;).

Steve
Yes, I have a mini USB cord that connects my phone to the computer; but for some reason, Windows sees none of the photos. Someone told me it might be privacy settings on the phone, but I found nothing that refers to photo sharing. Neither do I see a download option in the phone's gallery. The problem may be with my recent upgrade to Windows 10, I've had other issues with that change. I'll be taking the phone in to where I bought it, to see if they can figure out the problem - I really want access to those photos.

I've considered using the email option, but there are over 200 photos to transfer (!!!) In retrospect, I wish I had purchased a phone with a removable card, since my computer has card reader slots... especially since I purchased this phone mainly for taking photos.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think the newest version of Firefox isn't agreeing with a few sites. i've been having issues with my email displaying incorrectly & ebay has been a mess too with how the screen looks.
You could be right. I use Firefox also, and when I first logged on today, the photo was not visible. I reloaded the page, and the photos appeared. It could be the script blocker.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I have a mini USB cord that connects my phone to the computer; but for some reason, Windows sees none of the photos. Someone told me it might be privacy settings on the phone, but I found nothing that refers to photo sharing. Neither do I see a download option in the phone's gallery. The problem may be with my recent upgrade to Windows 10, I've had other issues with that change. I'll be taking the phone in to where I bought it, to see if they can figure out the problem - I really want access to those photos.

I've considered using the email option, but there are over 200 photos to transfer (!!!) In retrospect, I wish I had purchased a phone with a removable card, since my computer has card reader slots... especially since I purchased this phone mainly for taking photos.

If you have space for it, consider installing a photo sharing/storage app and set your phone up to auto-upload your pics. I use Shutterfly for my primary backup and to order prints. For web sharing I've found Photobucket to be easiest to link to. There is also Flickr, which gives you 1Tb free storage, which is a lot. Shutterfly is unlimited. Photobucket gives you a limit, 20 Gb I think, with option to buy more if needed. Those are just a few I've used. Perhaps someone else may recommend another. The apps are free to install and use. And they don't delete them from your account if you delete them from your SD card like iPhone's cloud storage does.

We upgraded to Windows 10 recently too. I hate everything about it overall. Why do they have to make such drastic changes? :tongue I hate the Edge browser and their ad/pop-up blocker is useless, so I switched back to Firefox which I've used for years. I have had trouble with couple sites before in how it views the page, but not this one until now. Not sure what the difference would be in that one image. The rest have loaded fine.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it's Wed. and so I am back after walking around Ctown a few miles with 20 or so pounds of beans strapped to my back (24bags at .75lb per bag=18lb. plus the stuff I got out of the tub at one place and the two ones I picked up to test the type.) Will probably be doing more of less the same haul next week*, and then, hopefully the supply I can use will be exhausted and I can move on to something else (it's not that I don't love doing the hunts, but I am kind of running out of restaurants to eat lunch at. At this point I think at least 90% of next weeks meal is going to consist of dumplings (nothing wrong with that, but dumplings every week for a few months will get really boring, even WITH a place that claims to make 100 different types.)

*I actually sort of wish I had done my route the other way round and gotten the bags I had to leave behind instead of the ones I actually took. Based on what I saw, it would have been a much more interesting hunt.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
HELP!!!!! I'm surrounded by enablers. Met my wife for supper after work. She went to Menards and bought 11/$.99! Bought carrots and she only eats store carrots....... even if I could kick the habit, I have pushers/dealers reinforcing my habit-----only glad it's vegetables and not drugs.....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Remember back to that day out there in the garden, @seedcorn .

You had a nice piece of prepared ground. Ready to Go!

You tear open a seed packet .... ... .. . there is a total of 7 seeds in there!! You have enough seed for 30" out of the 50' you had intended to plant!

I find that even seed with a seriously short life, like onion seed, always does just fine in a second year. And, no matter what I've done so far - the months just roll by and after enuf of them have passed by - it's Spring Again!

Steve

Latest posts