Lickbranchfarm's 2018 Garden thread

I'm liking that excavator!! :love

Its a handy little thing to have around. It belongs to a friend of mine that lets me use it when I need too, only problem is every time I use it, I have to fix something on it. Still far cheaper than renting one Lol.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
As long as I get it In the ground as early as possible I never have a problem. I planted a bumper crop in June once, bugs got it before the tassels turned. If I get it out the garden before the end of July, it turns out great.[/QUOTE

dang bugs......

Got home yesterday, to wet to do anything in the big garden so, I turned the raised bed one more time and put the asparagus In the ground. These were suppose to be 2 year old roots, and they were every bit of that. Spaced them 18"-20" apart. managed to get 14 in this bed. Once they pop out the ground, I'll add a little more soil, then mulch and add drip irrigation. I shouldn't have to worry about watering this week.

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would like a dump truck load of rocks. $$$$$$$

we've done that and worse... had a friend dump a load out front in the ditch and moved them in from there.

every rock you see in the pictures has been hauled in here. some i've carried back from walks in the woods. many others were collected from places around the country as my Mom and now-ex-step-dad travelled around. a geologist finding remains of this place in the future would be puzzled (glaciers don't move from SW to NE :) ).

i figure i may at some point in the future take up rock carving if i can get a mini-mill/water jet/thingy that will do it for me and i can just program in the shape/figure based upon the kind/shape of the rock.

Latest posts