"LIMONCELLO" & other Liqueurs, Cordials etc.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
YAY mullberries! mine are ripe but not many this year!

ok today my nocinio is a dark dark brown

for spices I added along with the green walnuts and vodka.. some cinnamon, cloves and lemon rind and used muscovado sugar ...I have what now smells just like jagermeister ...and oh my goodness do I have long term painful scaring memories of that particular drink
:p..I am so hoping after a month this is better than it smells right now ...I mean yes people love jager but I just did not love it shooting out of me in a sick overload of stupid youthful behavior.. on a ski lift with my boyfriend nuff said!!!
funny how those memories have such a great impact on your life that at 51 years old I can still quiver when I smell it!

also I bought some very fragrant lemons yesterday so put some more rind in my limoncello to see if I could boost the flavor a bit to equal the wonderful lime essence in the other one ...so we shall see ..I can not imagine over doing the lemon flavor!

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Any recipes for meloncello? I am lazy, I can buy limoncello, but meloncello is hard to come by. Also, my cantaloupe plants are looking mighty healthy...

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
if it says Meloncello it is not a real cello because cello by definitioin is citrus..not that I really care personally call it what ever it is good!!!! I had a long lecture one time on cello vs codials vs Liqueurs and on and on ... you can make a melon cordial .. you need to make a melon syrup first... one cut up a nice ripe mellon into tiny cubes... do a 2:1 sugar to water... put the melon cubes in it in bring it all to a boil ..let cool ..cubes and all put in a big jar of high proof vodka and let it sit for at least a month ..then strain and enjoy..

honeydew and cantaloupe make a great cordial I think :)

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:celebrate I smelled and took a little taste of a spoon of the Nocino this morning ..omg it changed! no more Jaeger !!!

it is very complex tasting already I can not explain it but it is a very lovely bitter sweet concoction that I can see becoming a winter favorite

if you have a walnut tree near buy give this a try! I am stunned at how it has morphed already

the limoncello is shining now I added one more lemon's worth of rind and it is right up there with the limecello in flavor
I am going to try a tangerine cello when they are in season I hear that one is good as well with a bit of lime rind in it
to die for ...

I am thinking of a current cordial now

also I have had friends save me vinegar, wine, cordial bottles and now I have a nice selection to put these drinks in to give during the holidays

wish I was creative with the computer and could make some labels to go on the bottles

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HiDelight! :frow

I solved the labelling problem on gift bottles a few years ago & it works beautifully. after the bottle is full I get hold of one of those special very shiny silver or gold pens that are always around at Christmasand I kind of scribble / draw ALL OVER the bottle. I write the name of the person I'm giving it to & my name, sometimes a piece of poetry, Then fill in the spaces with outline drawings of stars, holly, Christmas trees etc. etc. You pack the whole surface with simple swags & swirls -- it's so easy & looks a million dollars. It looks like very expensive engraved & gilded glass -- especially if you use coloured bottles. Blue ones particularly! :celebrate
I paint the top of the cork to & stick a jewel on it & a ribbon round the neck. If you make a mistake in the drawing you can wipe it off if you are quick. I always have a practice on the least pretty bottle first.......!!

Have a go --It is a doddle! :ya

I do it on flavoured vinigars, oils, even jars of jam. Sometimes I tie those glass Christmas Tree ornaments in bunches on the necks of the bottles! :happy_flower

:rose Hattie :rose

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
omg that is such a good idea!!! ..however my dad was a Doctor so blame him ..because it is the same gene that has been passed down in our family of healthcare workers none of us can write anything anyone can read :(

maybe I could talk my artisitic husband into writing and drawing in the bottles ..it is a perfect idea thank you!

I could however do the ornaments and bows...maybe ..... I am so artistically impaired it is pathetic

Latest posts