"LIMONCELLO" & other Liqueurs, Cordials etc.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there! :frow

HiDelight get the grand-childen to do it for you -- it's a perfect wet day occupation. Save some ordinary bottles to practice on before you start on the pretty ones. I bet if you do it along-side the kids you will loose your inhibitions & find you have done something you love.

Another idea I've seen is decoupage ( cutting out pictures from magazines etc & sticking them to the bottles). You could even do it with photocopies. Kids would love to help with this!! :tongue :lol: :gig :gig

When I was designing I used to use various Dover Publications' books -- they are copy-right free to use. Now they are on-line to some extent (otherwise on CD) Have a look at this link:-

http://www.doverpublications.com/sampler3/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*****Edited to add this link. I haven't tried it myself yet so I have no idea what the labels are like......!!

http://www.erinvaledesign.com/leo_o...y-free-printable-mini-file-folder-labels.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps! :happy_flower

:rose Hattie :rose

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow

I'm back again! This time with a recipe for Blackberry Liqueur which looks better than the one I have always used. As the blackberries are nearly ripe I shall certainly try it this year.

http://www.homebrewunderground.com/32/blackberry-liqueur-recipe-part-1/comment-page-1/

I love the taste of this drink as it retains the essence of the fresh taste of the fruit. I often drink it with hot water added. In the winter it is wonderful when you have a bad cold & is soothing on the throat. Do try some! ;)

*****Edited to add the recipe for the tart to make with the left-over mash from making the liqueur! "Waste not, want not"......!!

http://www.homebrewunderground.com/37/blackberry-liqueur-pie/

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow I'm back again to give you a variation on a theme.......!!

Blackberry Whisky:-

http://www.cottagesmallholder.com/?p=422

***** By the way if you want a glimpse of rural England & English characters this blog -- The Cottage Smallholder -- sums us up (in the nicest way possible). Or maybe that's what I hope we are......? :idunno Anyway I love it & it comes through on my email now! It is full of information, recipes, tips, gardening notes etc. It often makes me roar with laughter -- a great way to start the day!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hattie you are right the kids can do it :) thanks! they write better than I do!

I make a blackberry wine and a cordial every year (blackberries are the "scurge" fo the Pacific North West! but I love them and between my neighbors and my house we have a median of blackberries that seems fairly well contained ..I also have a HUGE area fo them in the back yard I wack back every year to the fence line and they come back stronger!

blackberry whiskey wow there is an idea !!!!

ok I am wandering mentally back to the day

one time my girlfriend and I made 24 (each got 12) bottles of what we thought was perfect blackberrry wine ..bottled it and put it in a case under my bed ...in the middle of the night (bet you can guess here) all of a sudden I heard BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG!!!! Glass shattering it sounded like guns going off and someone was breaking in the window ..we flew out of bed and then I smelled the sour wine ..seems I had not finished the fermentation before I put the corks in!
we grabbed what was left in the the case and tossed it out the window where the rest of the bottles continued to explode in the yard
ever try to get blackberry wine off walls furniture and rugs??? and the smell omg it was horrible!

called her the next day she ran down to the basement (we lived near an army base so she thought it was guns going off!) and opened her closet where she stored her wine..needless to say ....

her closet was purple and everything in it covered with glass and wine!

we had both had to repaint :p

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ok really I had to try the limoncello and FYI no you should not have sips of this stuff before breakfast

I am not kidding or bragging when I say that honestly I have been around ..tried several brands...made previous batches...and this is the very best limoncello I have ever had ..I am going to bottle it put it in the freezer next to the limecello (that btw is more perfect than it was before!) and only offer it to people I love :D

yes it pays off in smoothness to use good quality vodka ..spare no cost ..seriously not for this ..and high proof vodka works much better than everclear .. adding the rind of one lime to the batch made the lemon flavor more intense

wow ..seriously if you are old enough to drink..and enjoy a wonderful refreshing sip of something insanely lemony ..out in your garden ...this has no tartness just pure essence of lemon sweet enough but not at all a sticky cordial

make some ...just have some breakfast before you do your final tasting!!! :th

anyone else there yet?

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am sure! I like Sky! I also like Iceburg it runs less but it is only 80 proof you need at least 100 proof

boy I remember this morning when I was buzzed and posting LOL!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
um those of you who thought "gee I should have made some limoncello with HiDelight"

well you should have both the lemon and lime are equally sublime I added a few drops of heavy cream to a frozen shot of limecello

it is so unbelievable I can not even tell you ..I am going to seve it to my daughter when she comes and make her take a bottle hom .the rest is going to go to friends in one form or another becuase this is just too good to have here I will honestly drink it all!

it is the ultimate citrus flavor pure lemon pure lime

just wonderful

:)

I am going to go and sit in the hammock now and not do another bit of work today

Latest posts