Looking for Good Eazy Yams Recipe

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Probably not what your looking for exactly.. but have you tried 'twice baked'?
Wash, pat dry and bake whole sweet potatoes until soft
Slice lengthwise and scoop out the middles
Mix with .... whatever strikes your fancy - butter, brown sugar, nuts, pineapple, apple chunks, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, coconut, marshmallows, etc.
Then stuff the skins and re-bake till the tops are JUST crispy.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks canesisters and yes I've tried twice baked. In fact I did them that way last year with goat cheese. My family loves goat cheese and they were very good. I just prefer the texture of glazed yams instead. My mashed potatoes are already smooth and I don't want smooth yams also.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, here's mine. And @Nyboy Yes, I do use orange juice.

I don't cook my sweet potatoes to soft mush. I cook them to just barely done, still a little firm. Peel and chunk them up.

The secret ingredient is Mace. Must. Have. Mace. A little goes a long way. Use maybe a half teaspoon.

Zest an orange (Nyboy that means grate the peel off the orange) Squeeze the juice from the orange

I use honey and brown sugar, not a lot of either one because i don't like over sweetness

Cinnamon. I use a lot of it. I just shake until it looks right, probably couple of teaspoons, then shake some more in. :gig

A cup or more of chopped pecans

I mix the cinnamon, mace, honey, brown sugar, orange juice and zest together and drizzle over the sweet potatoes, then fold in the pecans. Spread in casserole dish and bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes.

This is my basic recipe. You can add more stuff, like pineapple, apple or whatever suits your fancy.

Latest posts