majors 2018 garden..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dw and i went out this morning picked up triple phosphate, greensand and a couple bags of lime.. it's raining at the moment so have time today to assembly the cultivator. it will be sunny tomorrow so will amend the soil in the raised beds, of course once the weather cooperates will start on the main garden..
while out johnnys seeds and tomato growers showed up just waiting on stokes and the pots.....

still need to rebuild 3 beds before spring..... cant wait till @Nyboy mails the toaster here

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
what a nice blue bird morning, chance of rain tomorrow, then a 6 day mini heat wave 68*-74*, then back to normal mid 50's.
got out and amended the soil in the raised beds and the pea patch tilled in, wont be long till i will be planting early spring veggies out in them.
IMG_1127.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

heres my review on the earthquake mc43 cultivator, the handlebars are a little cheesy figure will be getting a new set before the summer is over, fired right up on the 2nd pull, does not have the same pulling power as the torybilt cultivator i had<you have to help it along,<but it does dig down nicely>. you have to wear gloves due to vibration.... shaft driven compared to weedeater types which are cable driven payed 143.00 on amazon.. still will give it 4 out of 5 ......

got all that done looked at the main garden saw that in spots theres moss growing not a good sign... looks like about 400 lbs of lime and 80 lbs of triple phosphate and 100 lbs of greensand are in order..
IMG_1131[1].JPG

put away all the toys figured it was best to fire up the big tiller runs great....hopefully will get out there next weekend and amend that garden.... the things we do to win a 70.00 toaster :lol::lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
what a nice blue bird morning, chance of rain tomorrow, then a 6 day mini heat wave 68*-74*, then back to normal mid 50's.
got out and amended the soil in the raised beds and the pea patch tilled in, wont be long till i will be planting early spring veggies out in them.
View attachment 24562

View attachment 24561
heres my review on the earthquake mc43 cultivator, the handlebars are a little cheesy figure will be getting a new set before the summer is over, fired right up on the 2nd pull, does not have the same pulling power as the torybilt cultivator i had<you have to help it along,<but it does dig down nicely>. you have to wear gloves due to vibration.... shaft driven compared to weedeater types which are cable driven payed 143.00 on amazon.. still will give it 4 out of 5 ......

got all that done looked at the main garden saw that in spots theres moss growing not a good sign... looks like about 400 lbs of lime and 80 lbs of triple phosphate and 100 lbs of greensand are in order..
View attachment 24563
put away all the toys figured it was best to fire up the big tiller runs great....hopefully will get out there next weekend and amend that garden.... the things we do to win a 70.00 toaster :lol::lol:

Okay. I'll admit to a passing wave of jealousy. That is a gorgeous scene you have there.
(As I watch the wind dragging snow off the roof. brrrr.)

Latest posts