majors 2023 garden

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
5/16/23
okay i have to omit i'm a snob when comes to growing certain veggies, yes celery was one of them.
this spring dw said you have never grown celery.. <sweetie we dont eat enough of it but will give it a try>
yesterday was my first harvest .....oh my goodness what a wonderful celery flavor...
not stringy or watery just a nice crisp pop when eating it...a delicious addition for lunch today..
if you have never grown it, it's worth the time....... <hint if you like bloody marys dice it up adds a whole new flavor to it.>
IMG_0413.JPG
and finished trimming the garlic scapes will dice them up and sauté with some onions and red bells for the ribeyes.
IMG_0414.JPG

and tonights dinner will just BLT"S AND FRIES....

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@majorcatfish, nice Celery! In publications put out by the University of Alaska for gardeners; they tell us Celery is the hardest thing for Alaskans to grow because bla, bla, bla. So; like you, i gave it a try because we eat Celery every day.
The secret for us is to start it in February because it’s so slow. Seeds go in mid February, under lights and by mid April when i populate the greenhouse it will be 8-10 inches tall. I’ll move 3-6 clumps into the greenhouse and eat off of it till the season ends. It’s the first thing in in the spring and the very last thing taken just as i close down the greenhouse.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
6/5/2023
cant remember this could be either the 4th or 5th round of radishes, have another in the ground and will start more tomorrow after work.
IMG_0482.JPG

think i missed a zucchini the other day.....dang sneaky things..
IMG_0483.JPG

summer if finally showing it's humid sticky head.... IS IT FALL YET?????

and before someone asks ..yes the purple radish tastes like a grape... 🤣

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
They look great! Mine always have disappointing roots. I'm going to try again in august.

Latest posts