Market Trends

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Remarkably, I read that from first to last.

Slightly offended throughout ...

What we go through to put up with such people, while they must be imagining that they "put up" with us.

Steve (insert appropriate emoji)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve the stone house :drool is in Highland that is right across the river from my Lagrange house. One of my pet pees is when people enclose their front porch like on first house. Destroys the look of house. Should look like the porch Cat has on her house.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean.

On @catjac1975 ’s thread, i commented how i like to drive by and look at a newly built house with a wrap around porch on 2 sides. But, i can imagine someone enclosing that in the future so as to enlarge the small home.

However, if that first house faces south with those windows ... hey! Protected growing space.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey do what ever you have to to hold on to that farm. Our country is at a turning point farmers will be the new millionaires. Marijuana is becoming legal in more and more parts of the country. A good crop could pay for your daughters collage. If you have problems with it being use recreational you can grow for medical use only. Soon marijuana will be what cotton was to the plantations, oil to the Rockefeller.

I read a lot about the benefits of cannabis oil while my dad was sick. I doubt I could have gotten him to take it, but several on my support group did. Supposed to help with chemo side-effects and prevent seizures.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean.

On @catjac1975 ’s thread, i commented how i like to drive by and look at a newly built house with a wrap around porch on 2 sides. But, i can imagine someone enclosing that in the future so as to enlarge the small home.

However, if that first house faces south with those windows ... hey! Protected growing space.

Steve
I grew up in a small city in Connecticut in a 2 family house with 3 bedrooms on the third floor where my brothers lived. It was set up for a rooming house up there. It had porches on the front and back of the house. I loved plants even as a little girl and gardened ever inch of their small city lot. One day one of the houses across the street enclosed their large 2nd floor, south facing porch and equipped it also with grow lights. I begged my Dad to do the same thing to no avail. We were one of the few families that used that big front porch through all of the good weather. And I am sure they would never have spent the money. Oh how I dreamed about that greenhouse. And now I have one on my house.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve the stone house :drool is in Highland that is right across the river from my Lagrange house. One of my pet pees is when people enclose their front porch like on first house. Destroys the look of house. Should look like the porch Cat has on her house.
My greenhouse is under one of the original sides of the 3 sided wraparound porch that faces south. It may have ruined a bit of the original design but. I still have the other 2 sides so I feel I gained more than I lost,. It has given me 35 years of growing joy.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey do what ever you have to to hold on to that farm. Our country is at a turning point farmers will be the new millionaires. Marijuana is becoming legal in more and more parts of the country. A good crop could pay for your daughters collage. If you have problems with it being use recreational you can grow for medical use only. Soon marijuana will be what cotton was to the plantations, oil to the Rockefeller.
My husband wanted to plat pot when it was legalized here in Massachusetts. It has to be indoors where it can be kept locked up. No thanks.

Latest posts