Mobile Home Goddess

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh. just a word of caution when you go to sand those floors in finishing them......beware of the drum sander and how long you keep it in one spot. i also found it easier to walk backwards with the one i rented. the edger was a workout on the arms and shoulders for someone that has never worked with it before.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh. just a word of caution when you go to sand those floors in finishing them......beware of the drum sander and how long you keep it in one spot. i also found it easier to walk backwards with the one i rented. the edger was a workout on the arms and shoulders for someone that has never worked with it before.
Walk backwards? That makes sense, thanks for the tip!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, those floors are going to be stunning. chickie's momma is right. DH got a few deep crescent scars in our OAK floors when he used one! (Practice in a closet before heading out in the open! )

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@baymule, it does look like you've been earning your keep alright. those floors are awesome! ya done good girl. after the floors then what? and be sure to give your self a break ever so often

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@goatgurl I am at home in the "old" house, feet propped up, taking that break. Have to take my mom to Dr tomorrow, supposed to go back to work on house Tuesday, depends on how my mom is doing.

Floors-need to finish laying floors in 2 bedrooms and closets, and living room. Then fill cracks and knotholes, let dry, sand, stain, 3-4 coats polyurethane. I am going to buy vinyl flooring from Lowes for the utility room and bathrooms, have them put it in and two new toilets as well. Then we can start moving stuff in.

DH has sold most of our furniture to the guy buying our house. We won't even have a bedroom set anymore. :gigLooking at adjustable beds, will have them delivered and set up when floor is finished. He asked what we were going to put our clothes in and I told him cardboard boxes. :lol: I refuse to put those crappy wire racks back up in the closets. I will buy or build closet organizers. No chest of drawers, no dresser to clutter up the bedroom. Master bedroom has two closets, one is 12' long! Plenty of room, at least in the closets. We're getting closer to moving!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
So good to hear you're taking time for yourself. You've been working like a madwoman and, while it shows beautifully, you still need some "ME" time.

I am almost as excited about your move as ya'll are and can't wait until you're tucked into your beautiful 'new' home -- ready to attack the outside.

Latest posts