Mobile Home Goddess

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I turn my back for one minute and this thread gets 4 more pages!!!
That floor is already amazingly beautiful. I can't wait to see it washed & finished.
You are doing a GREAT job!!!

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
hope all goes well with your mom. i did the same thing with furniture when i moved in here. brought my bed and dresser, that's all. both are old, old and I've had them since hooter was a pup. i found a closet organizer at a resale shop and put it up. 3 separate places to hang clothes as well as shelves for things, use baskets on the shelves. had the house builder to put up two shelves across the top instead of one and put things i almost never use on the top shelf. again use baskets so things don't shift and fall off on me. i kind of like the idea of letting someone else sand the floors. you could focus on other things and wouldn't have the waves from unpracticed sanding. think about it

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow!! You have been busy! Those floors are absolutely perfect! You really are making your house a home....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, we have a closing date on selling our house.....February 2 and an additional two weeks to get completely out, February 14. Valentines Day and it will be our 19th anniversary. Our gift to each other--handing over the key and skipping off to our new life.

Have the vet coming out this evening to draw blood on horses for Coggins test, so we can transport them to new home. Packing up some stuff today, going to new house tomorrow. Will take DD to Dallas to buy her a dresser from Ikea for the new baby. :love Have lots to do this week and next, to finish the floors so we can start loading up and moving stuff in. So if I don't see ya'll for a week you know where i'll be. Will try to check in on cell phone.

@Nyboy I called Burnt Ridge and asked for shipping date 2nd week of March, and I added a bundle of Fall Gold raspberries to the order too! That will give me time to get a place ready for them.

Also found a nursery 15 miles from new house where I can get fruit trees! My "starting" order I made up is over $500..... :epI'll probably show good sense and not get them until next fall, to give me time to fence off a fruit orchard and clear brush.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
FOUR weeks... you CAN do it! I am getting excited too and I am not the one moving. ;) (Thank Goodness.) I know I am NOT capable of doing all that hard work myself anyway. You Rock *Mobile Home Goddess.*

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
For all the things that have gone wrong, for the vandalism, for everything that T O O K S O O O O O O O L O O O O O N G......... the big things have fallen into place. We sold our land at just the right time. We were afraid we would be moving, leaving our old house empty, deserted and subject to break in, unsold, waiting 6 months or a year to get it off our hands. And we close in a few weeks. Plus the buyer has bought almost all our big furniture that wouldn't fit in the new house. Haha, we'll walk out of here with some boxes, a toothbrush and our clothes.......oh and the TV!!

Now if it will just quit raining long enough to dry up the "old" property so we can get the truck in there to empty the portable building, then we can move it too.

Latest posts