Mobile Home Goddess

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, you are doing a lot better than some professionals I have seen. Maybe you need to take up a new career. (I hope you have knee pads)
I don't kneel, knees are shot, so have to sit on my butt and scoot around. I always need the tool that is just out of reach, so lay down and roll to it, grab and roll back. :lol: I am up-down, up-down, up-down-get board, measure, mark, go cut it. The easy ones I can just bend over and, using a hammer with a rubber end, beat them into place, then nail. The hard ones, I plop down and get up close and personal.;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a complicated cut! Good job. DH is a stone and tile guy, and also has done a lot of wood floors. I'm always impressed when he does all those detailed cuts. I think you're doing a swell job Bay!
Thank you! I have never tackled anything like this!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The flooring looks BEAUTIFUL and well laid. Good job!
Thanks, I just couldn't make myself get the prefinished flooring. I know I really bit off a chunk of hard work, but I have a picture of the finished floor in my head and it is fabulous. :thumbsup

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh wow that looks great! You have never laid wood floor before, and you took on a whole house?!:eek:
I agree it will look way better than the prefinished flooring, beautiful job!

I would love a wood floor in my kitchen!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My goodness bay! That is unbelievable! I don't know how you do it. I can't even change a light bulb. Everything is looking soooooo good. Glad you went for the real thing. There's nothing like real hardwood floors. I need to show this thread and pictures to my husband. I know he'll say "see if she can do it so can you". But I can't. I wouldn't even be able to measure right.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whats great about hardwood is when they start looking beat up, you can sand and refinish them. Can't do that with laminate floors.
Not hardwood. It is pine, a soft wood, they will get dinged up and look "lived in". I am going for the look of an old farmhouse--just close your eyes until you get inside. :lol:

Latest posts