More dogs

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
As reported in today's 3/21/2015 "The Columbian " Vancouver, Wa. , Associated Press. "Dogs from Korean meat farm arrive in Ca.. " With so many dogs in S. Cal. that the humane society rescue groups there have a hard time selling them to the public , so they have to ship them to the Pacific North West to open up more space and generate more revenue by " recueing " more . The Portland, Ore. TV station news in the morning, noon , evening and late evening news has reporters do daily stories with appeals for adoption of these poor dogs as the shelters are way overcrowded. So what does the humane society do ... why ship in ( er: rescue ) 57 more dogs from S. Korea , a Nation that has a farming industry that raises dogs solely for meat . The dog farming trade sees about 2 million dogs consumed in South Korea annually--- so, the humane society is now in the focus of an international effort by animal - rights groups to end the business. :ep Are we now so brainwashed that we are willing to buy 2,000,000 more dogs every year when , according to the humane groups that we are over- breeding and always abusing dogs ? Hhmmm ! :hu

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I think it may be a little useless, well, like taking a bucket of water from the ocean and pouring it into a hole in the sand. The sell dog for meat, they don't care what you do with the dogs once you buy them.
Here the stray dogs are killed and thrown into a dumpster.
Few years back, someone up here, in town, turned their neighbor in for eating their dog, they were getting dogs from the pond. I was thinking maybe they might give the ones they kill to them rather than throwing them in the trash.

If we buy 2,000,000 they would have to raise 4,000,000

I guess it was more of a gesture.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even if this didn't seem like a bottomless pit of dogs, who is going to want to adopt a dog that is totally unsocialized from birth? They were raised in cages; will they ever be safe to have around children? This is scary, on several levels.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So those on west coast are importing rescue dogs from other countries? Can I assume they are paying for them?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
So those on west coast are importing rescue dogs from other countries? Can I assume they are paying for them?
Are you kidding ... they are steeling them or threaten the animal owner with legal action for animal abuse if the owner doesn't surrender the animal voluntarily, but calling the deed a "rescue" as they have a mental hoarding need or in the mind set that they can take better care of the animals. Then selling them but calling it an " adoption fee". End result ... get dogs and cats for free, the adoptors pay for the dogs' and cats' donated feed and housing with mostly volunteer labor except for salaries paid to the higher ups. They manage to close down the County Pounds , then when they take over. Then in many cases , they get the County to pay for the shelters' operations . Or they open up their own shelters with donated money . Also, do a shake down of anyone turning in a dog or cat by calling it a "surenderfee " then ask for a donation. This little gem hapend to yours truly... I took a little chihuahua to a " rescue shelter" due to new born granddaughter's allergy. They charged me $100 for a "surrender fe "e. The rescue people had me fill out 4 pages of " background information" on the dog. Then when they did a behavior evaluation I F this dog is qualified to be "adoptable". Keep in mind that this dog was my 2 and 3/4 years old grandson at this time pet. While I was waiting, they called my son, daughter, and my wife for another $100 donation. Then they "adopt " the animals for a $150 adoption fee. Also they sell the adoptors feed, collar, toys, spay or neuter Vet services ... ? ? ? :idunno

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Everybody has a bigger dog population problem than the US. And, STILL, you can't criticize dog breeders for breeding their Bitxxes before they have buyers, and inbreeding them sick, like it's a personal affront. I have been saying for 30 years, Spay and Neuter, ad nauseum, and I STILL run across people who keep their whole dogs well, can afford to spay and neuter and do NOT.
We horse owners discovered a Loooooonnnnnnngggggg time ago that training in stallions and working them with mares was a dumb idea. More gelded stallions are owned here than stallions or whole mares, and you can keep a herd of mixed mares and geldings.
Califonication is what they are doing, and it's the same as most of their states stupid ideas. =/

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Such anger Bay.....

Agree though, a dog is a dog is an animal. Don't care if others eat dog (or cat) just please don't post recipes or pix.........

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am speechless! Bringing dogs raised for food from other countries when we already are told we have a pet propagation population problem here? Why aren't we bringing in horses destined to be slaughtered for food in other countries as well?

I hear there are places where chickens, geese, ducks, grouse, pheasants, goats, sheep, pigs, turkeys and bovines are raised for butchering. I know what PITA would like as a solution, but for goodness sake! With all people in need throughout the world, why waste money on animal rescues like this? Besides, PITA and other like groups are not against euthanasia, just against people owning or raising domesticated animals.

"Follow the money!" If it is not being used locally, it is going into someone's pockets.