morning grrrrrr

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
only took 6 months 2 days 100% complete <for the insurance side>

all the knobs in place..what a witch that was doors bam the drawers were another story double the wood the original bolts would not work, so off to lowes found furniture t nuts put them in well sh!t dah didn't even cross my mind india......metric bolts...grrrrr back down lowes picked up 3"ss bolts. back home installed those knobs...i'm done
still will look for 3" bolts like in photo 3 looks more finished than the drawer above...
IMG_3189.JPG

IMG_3190.JPG

IMG_3192.JPG

the very last thing i will need to adjust will be the range hood, needs to come down about 6" after that i<we> will very happy...
IMG_3193.JPG

what a bloody 6 month saga, so once all the insurance money comes back we can replace all water lines...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
only took 6 months 2 days 100% complete <for the insurance side>

all the knobs in place..what a witch that was doors bam the drawers were another story double the wood the original bolts would not work, so off to lowes found furniture t nuts put them in well sh!t dah didn't even cross my mind india......metric bolts...grrrrr back down lowes picked up 3"ss bolts. back home installed those knobs...i'm done
still will look for 3" bolts like in photo 3 looks more finished than the drawer above...
View attachment 30826
View attachment 30827
View attachment 30828
the very last thing i will need to adjust will be the range hood, needs to come down about 6" after that i<we> will very happy...
View attachment 30829

what a bloody 6 month saga, so once all the insurance money comes back we can replace all water lines...
YEAH. knobs look great.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
that's a project for down the road, we are tossed up between removing or painting over the popcorn ceiling throughout the house....either way it will be easier to do before putting up the crown....
I would vote to remove. Be careful some of it has asbestos in it. Another option is to skim coat over it. Or put a thin sheetrock over it and finish. All messy jobs but worth it in the end. I love a new ceiling!

Chickie'sMomaInNH2019

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
glad to hear everything is finally finished for your major! looks great after your ordeal.

just had to replace my range that we inherited with the house. 12 year or so old Hotpoint. the oven went but the burners were still working ok-not the greatest but it worked ok for the past 7 years for us.

Lowe's wanted a 3 weeks to get the same stove Best Buy could within the same week from ordering. so bought from Best Buy. 3 guys traveled from Rhode Island up to seacoast NH to deliver it. hardly spoke English but they got it in the door for my DH. i didn't have them install because BB wanted $300 just to switch the LP orifices and connect it & that was going to take an extra week for them to do that with delivery. i have a plumper friend with connections & i thought he could get someone in quickly for much cheaper but that guy was booked solid w/construction projects for the next few weeks. ended up calling local propane company on Tuesday & they got out Thursday & took 30 minutes & about $100 to connect!

now we're cooking with gas! i'm loving it so far with how quick it boils a pot of water & heats up! not missing the old stove at all other than trying to get it hauled away & that will probably be this week when i set a time with a retired guy that likes to refurbish/scrap for parts.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would vote to remove. Be careful some of it has asbestos in it. Another option is to skim coat over it. Or put a thin sheetrock over it and finish. All messy jobs but worth it in the end. I love a new ceiling!

we have decided to clean and repaint the ceilings .....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
glad to hear everything is finally finished for your major! looks great after your ordeal.

just had to replace my range that we inherited with the house. 12 year or so old Hotpoint. the oven went but the burners were still working ok-not the greatest but it worked ok for the past 7 years for us.

Lowe's wanted a 3 weeks to get the same stove Best Buy could within the same week from ordering. so bought from Best Buy. 3 guys traveled from Rhode Island up to seacoast NH to deliver it. hardly spoke English but they got it in the door for my DH. i didn't have them install because BB wanted $300 just to switch the LP orifices and connect it & that was going to take an extra week for them to do that with delivery. i have a plumper friend with connections & i thought he could get someone in quickly for much cheaper but that guy was booked solid w/construction projects for the next few weeks. ended up calling local propane company on Tuesday & they got out Thursday & took 30 minutes & about $100 to connect!

now we're cooking with gas! i'm loving it so far with how quick it boils a pot of water & heats up! not missing the old stove at all other than trying to get it hauled away & that will probably be this week when i set a time with a retired guy that likes to refurbish/scrap for parts.

i'm jealous cooking with gas, i do miss a gas range especially when the power goes out..

the one big problem i have with new electric ranges since 2018 all ranges have temperature limiting coils, once they reach a set temp they shut off automatically and turn back on once it senses a lower temp..
IMG_3196.JPG

< the reasoning is to reduce grease fires of course your government and ul got involved and thought this was a great idea> grrrrr you can't do a pan of hash browns worth beans...

have contacted ge about this problem the cue card reader on the phone said i could not change them back to the older style coil, but i asked.
in your web site in the last paragraph it states that i can change them back.
https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=37448

no you can not do it...
why?

it might damage the range and void the warranty...
ok so if i research parts manuals on the old and new and they take the same controls i can do it?

no..
but i looked at our old range coil and the new coil both have the same ends plus the old coil fits into the plug..!

you are modifying the range that came from the factory, and any modification will void the warranty , would you like to register now?
have already done that. thank you for your time....

so now i have to dig through the manuels.. the only difference i see is the coils.......if i want to burn my food thats my business.

Last edited:

Latest posts