morning grrrrrr

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
glad to hear everything is finally finished for your major! looks great after your ordeal.

just had to replace my range that we inherited with the house. 12 year or so old Hotpoint. the oven went but the burners were still working ok-not the greatest but it worked ok for the past 7 years for us.

Lowe's wanted a 3 weeks to get the same stove Best Buy could within the same week from ordering. so bought from Best Buy. 3 guys traveled from Rhode Island up to seacoast NH to deliver it. hardly spoke English but they got it in the door for my DH. i didn't have them install because BB wanted $300 just to switch the LP orifices and connect it & that was going to take an extra week for them to do that with delivery. i have a plumper friend with connections & i thought he could get someone in quickly for much cheaper but that guy was booked solid w/construction projects for the next few weeks. ended up calling local propane company on Tuesday & they got out Thursday & took 30 minutes & about $100 to connect!

now we're cooking with gas! i'm loving it so far with how quick it boils a pot of water & heats up! not missing the old stove at all other than trying to get it hauled away & that will probably be this week when i set a time with a retired guy that likes to refurbish/scrap for parts.

i grew up cooking with gas, miss it for some things and not for others. we use the microwave to reheat stuff a lot more than we use the stovetop, but when we need it the stovetop is usually all in with all four coils going. :) enjoy! i'm envious. :)

just be careful if you're not used to the open flames. some people forget about shirt sleeves and towels/clothes and stuff (i learned some things the hard way)...

@majorcatfish first i've heard of the temperature controlled coils. ick. when i put something on high i want it on high dangitall!

Chickie'sMomaInNH2019

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
i've been using gas ranges for a long time so not worried about the sleeve thing. i remember growing up with an electric stove till my teens & then my mother switching over to gas. here is was a god send when you loose power & need to cook. problem is most ranges now have so many electric controls that i wanted to be sure to get one that didn't rely on mostly electronics to get turn it on. i ended up with a 5 burner Maytag for $699 that has the front nobs for the burners, it does have electronic controls for the oven but that's not an issue. if we had a generator that issue gets solved when it is really needed.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/maytag...stant-stainless-steel/5900299.p?skuId=5900299

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
great a new saga at the house, the hot water is leaking on the womens end of the house so in the morning need to remove the cartridge and head down to lowes in the hope they have one..

if not will have to rob peter to pay paul take the one out of the garden tub till i find a new one......

there are times being a homeowner is just not worth it......:hide

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe the time has finally come where your kitchen is complete. Having that nice new kitchen with new appliances has to make the wait worthwhile. I too like the knobs. I'm sure you are going to enjoy cooking more. Now that the nightmare is over you can start dreaming of cooking, baking, canning, etc.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
thank goodness for checking online only 2 stores that had it stock was in cary,nc 2 hr drive and winston salem 29 miles away they had 3 in stock. stop at staples on the way home picked up a carpet protector for chairs, do not want to destroy the padding under the desk...

the women have hot water again.....

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
thank goodness for checking online only 2 stores that had it stock was in cary,nc 2 hr drive and winston salem 29 miles away they had 3 in stock. stop at staples on the way home picked up a carpet protector for chairs, do not want to destroy the padding under the desk...

the women have hot water again.....

not sure what you meant by cartridge (like a water filter)? but glad all is settled now. enjoy the rest of the day...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
some people call it valve, stem, <cylinder, cartridge> this lingo is more for newer faucets... we have old so it would be stem, valve.
103803zm.jpg

got motivated took 2 handful of tools back to the barn, took out 2 boxes of trash from the barn to trash can..lost all motivation after that. cold rainy day will do that......nap time zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
how about that had a spurt of energy fixed the gutter cleaned out a downspout rounded up all the tools and things took them out to the barn, <of course the barn looks like the house now,but thats for another weekend...
put away everything back into its place in the house, cleaned out the desk drawers wow the house looks barren now burnt boxes and documents ,loaded the old water heater and some metal onto the truck..

fixed where the remodelers messed up on the range hood...

looked into the junk room lost all energy...will be plenty of weekends to clean and organize that area..

yup it's beer 30

Latest posts