morning grrrrrr

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
found the energy to finish off two more little things.
put up the trim above the kitchen window, will need to remove it sometime and trim the back of it so it will fit the angle of the ceiling. but after 2.24" of rain the ground is a giant sponge plus would have to move mowers and toys out of the way just to get to the table saw...
IMG_3173.JPG

finished installing the led lights over the kitchen bar area.....
IMG_3175.JPG

just one more thing and we are done <for now> the kitchen drawer knobs...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are pretty knobs. They go well with your cheery yellow walls. Your new kitchen
looks so good :).

We painted our kitchen cabinets last month. They were a pickled oak that I never cared for, and had begun looking dingy where I had wiped them down often. They never had knobs so the finish in the areas where we opened them wore off and looked bad.

I chose Garden Path green for the base cabinets and a white for the uppers. The new knobs are an oil rubbed bronze to match the light fixtures. It makes me happy every time I walk in. :)
I can't say it has made me want to cook more though, haha.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom what no photos??????????????????

Well, no.... you know I don't hijack threads!
:lol:

We need to get a new stove vent, the old one is white and looks tired with the crisp new white paint on the uppers. We're going to get a black one to match the stove. The white fridge stays until it goes belly up, but I can live with that.

I have also been reminding Mr. HoneyDo that I would like the dishwasher removed and shelving put in, but he hasn't been hearing me for some reason, haha.

So maybe when everything is done I'll take pix. Can you wait 5 years?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score

We need to get a new stove vent, the old one is white and looks tired with the crisp new white paint on the uppers. We're going to get a black one to match the stove. The white fridge stays until it goes belly up, but I can live with that.

I have also been reminding Mr. HoneyDo that I would like the dishwasher removed and shelving put in, but he hasn't been hearing me for some reason, haha.

you're just scared........chicken

and you never hijack a thread now thats down right funny

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score

Only 5 years? That would be optimistic here ;) We took out the BROKEN dishwasher after it sat there taking up valuable storage space for a good 5 years + I do not mind washing dishes for 2 people by hand and love having more shelving.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
found the energy to finish off two more little things.
put up the trim above the kitchen window, will need to remove it sometime and trim the back of it so it will fit the angle of the ceiling. but after 2.24" of rain the ground is a giant sponge plus would have to move mowers and toys out of the way just to get to the table saw...
View attachment 30770
finished installing the led lights over the kitchen bar area.....
View attachment 30771
just one more thing and we are done <for now> the kitchen drawer knobs...

i doubt anyone would notice that little bit of angle not being a close fit.