morning grrrrrr

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I clicked like, but not really liking that the heat pump went out.

ditto. sometimes i click like only to mean "You have been heard fellow traveller." i may not agree with particulars or wish to elaborate or have the time or energy at that moment. sometimes i mean to come back and add more later in a post and then it too is gone and so with it whatever i might have thought. :)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well the a/c person called back with price....8250.xx cough cough, but that includes a 3 ton goodman condenser unit with 16 seer rating, sight glass so i can keep an eye on the refrigerant level, complete new copper tubing installed. coleman electric furnace with a 2 speed fan motor and a 15 kv heat strip. 5 ton "a" frame coil.
cutting in a 20x25 hole in the wall for air filter. replacing the cross over duct hose. installing new thermostat....

cough cough but figure it this way if it lasts 20 years thats only 412.50 a year.. plus with the flood guess we can count our blessings that everything lasted as long as it did. still need to do the plumping throughout the house.......

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
well the a/c person called back with price....8250.xx cough cough, but that includes a 3 ton goodman condenser unit with 16 seer rating, sight glass so i can keep an eye on the refrigerant level, complete new copper tubing installed. coleman electric furnace with a 2 speed fan motor and a 15 kv heat strip. 5 ton "a" frame coil.
cutting in a 20x25 hole in the wall for air filter. replacing the cross over duct hose. installing new thermostat....

cough cough but figure it this way if it lasts 20 years thats only 412.50 a year.. plus with the flood guess we can count our blessings that everything lasted as long as it did. still need to do the plumping throughout the house.......
Sounds like someone needs a new job sooner than later or give up beer and cigars ... :caf

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh yes we have air ...
IMG_0049.JPG

no more sweat rolling down the butt crack......:lol:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is May and in the 60's! Plenty cool here!

Glad that you now have AC, it can be miserable in the heat and humidity without it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is May and tomorrow is supposed to be 80! I'm gonna die, lol!
80 is July weather.

we're waiting for it to get warm enough to get the AC people out to test it out and diagnose the problem, hopefully it won't need much but i have $ set aside in case. at least we are on their schedule. Mom won't do well if it gets too humid and hot - i rather like it as long as i can siesta during the mid-day and a small fan is for when it gets pretty bad.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dw is chomping to get the new wash/dryer.at least i had a good excuse why nothing was done last week, so started my laundry room project pulled all the trim top to bottom. pulled and hammered in all those finish nail..grrrrrr
IMG_0052[1].JPG

dw wants new vinyl down just like what we did in the kitchen so called the people who did the kitchen floor they did a great job! waiting on his call back.
plus the laundry rm light sucks, so going to install led lighting..
IMG_0051[1].JPG

since we have both yellow and white left over going to let the dw pick what color the room will become....
might even take a crack on painting the popcorn ceiling....

Latest posts